Lt. Commander
So, we get consoles for C-Store/+1 ships that are unique between factions. We need Boff skills and Doff perks as well as Captain skills to be just as diverse. When I play my FED guys...I want to play as them...same with KDF. But if the lion's share of skills and such are alike....then why create another faction? In time, I would like much more diversity between the factions...especially if more are going to be introduced in game. I've been beating this drum since I started playing....am I the only one that feels this way?

Each faction has grown from cultures with different methodologies. Why make their skillset resemble eachother so much? Look at when Worf on TNG thought he'd remain Disabled....he wanted to die...why? In his culture, there was no room for weakness. Something the Federation found unacceptable. Why can't we see these cultural as well as technological outlooks/philosophies et tal be part of what makes the factions unique? I hope the devs embrace canon and try and make the factions more unique. Any thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-20-2012, 07:52 PM
Indeed!

They can start some differentiation by bringing us the Targ Handler kits.
Is that not a start?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-20-2012, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
Indeed!

They can start some differentiation by bringing us the Targ Handler kits.
Is that not a start?
I agree... as long as the Federation DOES NOT follow in the KDF's footsteps buy adding animal handlers or ECOCOMP controllers and such. That would only lead to a cosmetic difference. We need real differences.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-20-2012, 07:56 PM
I agree with your thoughts. You are not the only one who has wanted to see more for a long time. I have been lobbying for a new set of Captain classes for the Romulan Empire. Something fresh will make all the old content seem new again. No need for a full set of new missions when there are new classes and mechanics for the old content.

Unfortunately it sounds like they are all tapped out of ideas for powers in this game. After Al's last interview with PodcastUGC, I worry that we might not see the new classes or ship styles that we need to keep the game and factions interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-20-2012, 07:57 PM
I would think there would be a PvP uproar if they had to learn a whole new set of tactics to deal with different Faction skills.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunnlang
I agree with your thoughts. You are not the only one who has wanted to see more for a long time. I have been lobbying for a new set of Captain classes for the Romulan Empire. Something fresh will make all the old content seem new again. No need for a full set of new missions when there are new classes and mechanics for the old content.

Unfortunately it sounds like they are all tapped out of ideas for powers in this game. After Al's last interview with PodcastUGC, I worry that we might not see the new classes or ship styles that we need to keep the game and factions interesting.
Then why don't we remind them of what makes the factions so different. After all...why are we playing a Star Trek MMO out of so many others? It's simple...we are fans of Star Trek. They need ideas? Let's give them some...it would only be their fault if they don't listen.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-20-2012, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
I agree... as long as the Federation DOES NOT follow in the KDF's footsteps buy adding animal handlers or ECOCOMP controllers and such. That would only lead to a cosmetic difference. We need real differences.
Since Al Rivera (CaptainGeko) had said that he would be remaking kits in the future, Targ Handler abilities could be introduced.

A limitation could be introduced to the KDF by limiting the Sci/ground Medical skills. It was Canon that the Klingons had a lower degree of Medical advancement because, well, Klingons were just tougher and more resiliant.
Some type of point could be applied to the Medical skill (Medical Tricorder, Vascular Regenerator, etc) to better show this.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I would think there would be a PvP uproar if they had to learn a whole new set of tactics to deal with different Faction skills.
When isn't there a PVP uproar for one reason or another? At least, if there is diversity of skills between factions....it would make PVP less stale. Sorry...had to be said.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-21-2012, 01:55 AM
There have been various proposals in this regard, like different Attack Patterns or my idea was to give both sides ships that improve the performance of other ships whole being themselves (alone) slightly less powerful than a regular vessel:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...9&postcount=37
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
There have been various proposals in this regard, like different Attack Patterns or my idea was to give both sides ships that improve the performance of other ships whole being themselves (alone) slightly less powerful than a regular vessel:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...9&postcount=37
You would think that if their were so many proposals like this that something would have been done by now other than just making different +1 consoles.