Lt. Commander
# 11
01-21-2012, 02:54 PM
I dislike homogenized classes, but hate homogenized factions especially. I think what the consoles have shown is that a lot of time and effort has gone in to making items which have other faction counters and not just other faction copies.

An assumed difference and the cosmetic difference draws people to play both factions, but a real difference keeps them playing them imo. I too, would like to see this spread back to ships and powers as well as game features.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
You would think that if their were so many proposals like this that something would have been done by now other than just making different +1 consoles.
There have been, but it seems too many of them just "slip through" the radar or are not worth bothering by the DEVs, like this one, which was basically about how to make the KDF more different from the Feds by replacing some of the more-typically Fed-style abilities with different ones without breaking the balance and also some totally different stuff for all factions (current and future)

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=214437

It included the idea to give the Klingons a different type of Tactical torpedo buff

-the differnt patters idea
-the basic idea for the leader ships in a textual form

-a discussion about faction-specific console bonuses, meaning each current and future faction would have a certain number of console slots in addition to the ones we have now, meaning "identical" (like Vor'cha and Sovereign now) console setups would be less likely

-the idea to give faction-specifc weapons like Cardassians and Feds should have different Phasers and Klingons and Romulans should have different Disruptors

-someone proposed differrent "target subsystems" abilities like "target life support", which would hamper repair abilities or "target bridge"

-Klingon Raider/Raptor based science ships (scouts) instead of the "light cruiser" based ones we have with ships like the Varanus (think undergunned Raptor with no cannons, a plus to aux and a BO and console config like the RSV)

-the idea to give Klingons different ground combat bonuses like "Combat Awareness"

maybe it's just that since the stuff was discussed in the KDF forums an noone really seems care what's said there except CapnLogan and Heretic it's just off the radar.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-21-2012, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
I dislike homogenized classes, but hate homogenized factions especially. I think what the consoles have shown is that a lot of time and effort has gone in to making items which have other faction counters and not just other faction copies.

An assumed difference and the cosmetic difference draws people to play both factions, but a real difference keeps them playing them imo. I too, would like to see this spread back to ships and powers as well as game features.
Good point. In STO, there is hardly a difference between the classes themselves, not to mention the factions. That, more than anything, is probably responsible for the low KDF population. Why bother leveling a KDF to BG, when I did the same thing getting my Fed to VA.

The only difference is cloaking and carriers.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunnlang
Good point. In STO, there is hardly a difference between the classes themselves, not to mention the factions. That, more than anything, is probably responsible for the low KDF population. Why bother leveling a KDF to BG, when I did the same thing getting my Fed to VA.

The only difference is cloaking and carriers.
And this is my point.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Targ Handler kits. Best. Idea. Ever. I want those Attack Saur thingys that the Gorn have too. As for the PVPers uproaring... oh well. This is an MMO stuff gets added. They could get over it, or quit.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squiddude
Targ Handler kits. Best. Idea. Ever. I want those Attack Saur thingys that the Gorn have too. As for the PVPers uproaring... oh well. This is an MMO stuff gets added. They could get over it, or quit.
As long as the Federation DOES NOT get Selhat kits...I'm fine with it. I don't see the Federation using animals in that fashion.