Lt. Commander
# 31
01-21-2012, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
what part do you european's not understand about "we do maintenance when there is the least amount of players in game"? its that simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviKerensky View Post
The time of the lowest player count changes over time. Just because myself (and thousands of others) play at 5pm Pacific time, doesn't mean that in three months, those same thousands of players won't be playing at 7pm Pacific. It changes. I seem to remember them doing maintenance (at one point) around noon Pacific. Now it's 8am Pacific. It changes, just like most things.
I'll need a proof of that. Otherwise it's as accurate and true as saying "we have an entire team working on KDF content" last summer.

If that's true then STO has by far the least number of European players I've ever seen in an MMO. For example WoW has ~250 European servers and ~240 US servers. Rift has 54 European servers and 65 US servers. I have to say Cryptic has done something really bad to **** off european players so badly that there's less playing than in Australia/Oceania.

I think we might have a cause and effect going on here...
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-21-2012, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
Agreed. I'm getting sick of the daily downtimes without proper explanation and during my EU playtime.
It's the same anti European behaviour during the Atari reign
During your EU playtime? L O L!

Well... today it's weekend alright. During a normal week I come home around 18:00 (when the scheduled maintenance is about to end) and before I went to my computer to play STO, I have to eat something first. So let's say about 19:00 I'm ready to play.

So please tell me, since when 17:00 to 18:00 is primetime? Primetime begins 19:00 (not because I am finished eating then . Just because at 19:00 most people are at home and "ready to play").

And by the way: I'd rather like a daily 1h downtime than unstable severs and several downtimes a day
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-21-2012, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
I'll need a proof of that. Otherwise it's as accurate and true as saying "we have an entire team working on KDF content" last summer.

If that's true then STO has by far the least number of European players I've ever seen in an MMO. For example WoW has ~250 European servers and ~240 US servers. Rift has 54 European servers and 65 US servers. I have to say Cryptic has done something really bad to **** off european players so badly that there's less playing than in Australia/Oceania.

I think we might have a cause and effect going on here...
I've been thinking the exact same thing, something very strange going on to have so few EU players.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-21-2012, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexiom
Fixing problems? Where does it say that anything is being fixed? All they are doing is restarting the servers.
And believe me when I say they wouldn't be restarting the server daily (especially on a weekend where they probably need extra staff on hand just in case) if it wasn't for a good reason - or to keep an issue from occuring. This isn't something you do for no good reason.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-21-2012, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimatrix08 View Post
The patches every day are annoying, but better to have it fixed and have a downtime of an hour than to have a bugged gameplay. At least some of us pay for it or have a lifetime account, so look at it as a service.
Well the thing is during this downtimes they fix nothing to prevent further downtimes. It is like having a problem on your PC and restarting it without doing anything else. Whatever the problem it will occur again until you find a way to fix it. Currently they are working on it but I expect another week of daily restarts before something actually changes. Truth be told I wouldn't be too suprised if this goes on until February.

Oh and my theory they do it at this time to not disturb their PWE overlords and not because of actual numbers. The old time was during Australia/China maintime.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-21-2012, 04:18 AM
Listen to the whining here, yeesh. Get out and get some fresh air - I think it'd do some of you some good.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-21-2012, 04:48 AM
Nah. Paying them 14,99/month allows me to give them feedback. No one forces you to read these threads.

PS. Whining about whining?
Lt. Commander
# 38 F2P Maintenance? Perhaps 8)-
01-21-2012, 04:58 AM

Cryptic thank you for the notice, it's appreciated 8)-

As for the reasons for the maintenance, who knows...except the Dev's of course and really does it matter? No not really...not in the big scheme of things, our daily lives, but for the game...HELLO YES!

I want all things game wise to keep running smoothly and running better than before, right? HELL YES!

If a player wants to know what's happening and why on every little detail with STO then apply for a job at Cryptic but expect a tough hall in getting it with the NO attitude.

Now I've noticed that for every new day of the F2P Launch they have done early morning maintenance prior to that days events and that sounds logical to me. Who knows why. There could be minor fixes, maybe even bumping up server capacity for the extra demands of players logging on, or maybe even some minor content being added or tweaked.

Could this downtime be a good thing? Really you had to think about it?! YES of course it is! It's an opportunity to get away from our computers for a few hours and enjoy what life has to offer.

So no matter if we gripe or if we praise, the maintenance has to get done, let them do it and be done with it with less whining.

Either way it's a good thing.

Quote: "I like this ship!" - Don't you?

Live, love, laugh!
:p

Lt. Commander
# 39
01-21-2012, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptBANG View Post
dont you peope at least go HOME on the weekend?

seriously if this is going to be a daily reboot (and nothing else???) then FFS at least shuffle the times, when you do it

i am soooooooooooooo sick of daily downtime at (ny) EU primetime

you force me to stay up at night to properly play -.-
^ ^ ^This. try 1600-1700 PST
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-21-2012, 05:09 AM
If it was just an hour each day, I'd say fine. Butt it's much more. Usually it's 2 to 3 hours (with a patch every third day or so) and in between they CLAIM it's an hour, but it's always more than an hour. Yesterday, it was 1 hour 15 minutes, without an announcement of extending downtime.
Closed Thread