Lt. Commander
# 41
01-21-2012, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CrypticOps
We will be bringing down the shard for a restart on Saturday, January 21st from 8:00AM to 9:00AM PST (1600 to 1700 UTC). We will provide an update when this is complete.
AGAIN?! What the hell are you people doing with those servers?! Some further explenation is required now.
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-21-2012, 04:16 AM
Welcome to Star Trek Offline
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-21-2012, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
Welcome to Star Trek Offline
I'd give you 10k Dilithium for that.
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-21-2012, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero-For-Hire
Now I've noticed that for every new day of the F2P Launch they have done early morning maintenance prior to that days events and that sounds logical to me. Who knows why. There could be minor fixes, maybe even bumping up server capacity for the extra demands of players logging on, or maybe even some minor content being added or tweaked.
I agree. Early morning maintenances are GREAT!

When will we get some?
Lt. Commander
# 45 Downtime AGAIN!?
01-21-2012, 04:25 AM
Flipping heck, Downtime again! What is going on at Cryptic...

I can understand that EU Primtime is not Game Primetime, so when the servers come down once or twice a week that is fine, also most downtimes result in new updates... But if your having to bring them down everyday without any updates, to do so in EU primetime is not fair, plain and simple; the time slot needs to be varied.

Also, another annoying aspect is all this down time has no real explanation from the Devs, what is going on, my hope is that the increase in player numbers is requiring more server maintenance, I would like this reason. However, whatever the cause they need to fix it to stop daily downtime.

Thank you
Disgruntled EU Player
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-21-2012, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviKerensky View Post
The reason it goes down in primetime for you, is because here, in the United States, it falls around 8am (ish). That's the time of day with the lowest number of players in the game (on average). It just happens to be in the evening for you.
Personally I'd love to see figures from Cryptic to that regard.. I don't believe that for one minute. That when USA is supposed to be sleeping (midnight to 7am), there's more players online than when Europe is awake, and on a weekend..
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-21-2012, 05:52 AM
Make a Patchday on Wednessday every week and dont make this **** everyday !
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-21-2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-T-Riker
Make a Patchday on Wednessday every week and dont make this **** everyday !
then people would cry, that they can only play once in a week and thats exactly the time when the patching is done

I'm living in Europe myself and come on guys....its just one hour...and....Woh...the last time it was 15 minutes more. Going to the forums and posting that the downtime is extended by 15 minutes would delay the downtime by 2 minutes

In one hour you can read a book, eat something, go shopping, clean your flat,.... there are so many other things to do until our beloved game is back online.
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-21-2012, 06:15 AM
What is interesting is that after so many daily "fixes" everytime i log in, I got some romulan ***** asking me to do a mission.

Fix that bug! I am tired that every time I log into the game, the mission shows up. I am not the only one that is happening.

Wanna fix more? What about buying new servers, to deal with the flow of new players, more then 2 min to get into ESD or DS9 is just lame...

Bring the servers down but FIX what is really important for us players that STILL pay the game every month, not to mention Life time subs, players that somehow are starting to feel ripped off.

This F2P thing, was bad implemented, bad organized and even more I feel like there is no point of paying the game since the quality have been dropping....

I hope I am wrong....
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-21-2012, 06:19 AM
Oh, btw

On EVE online, the servers are down everyday for 1 hour, some days even less, they do maintenance but, they have over 40.000 players online, and there is no instances, everyone plays in the same server.

If you guys need to really do a server check or whatever the hell you guys doing, at least, bring the server down, everyday 1 hour only at the same time, to fix small things or to do the so called "maintenance".

Plan ahead.
Closed Thread