Lt. Commander
# 1 Lost
01-20-2012, 09:24 PM
So one I was logging into my accounts that used to be a trial that I set up around August last year only to find my captain level Gorn character missing. No sweat right? I send Cryptic a ticket, they fix it, everybody's happy. Right? Well it's been a couple of days now and still no response. I've heard Cryptic never deletes characters can Cryptic confirm this? Why do you think the character is missing in the first place? I know he's still linked to that account because it says that one of the char. slots are taken. Anybody else have this problem?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-20-2012, 09:27 PM
Yeah I can't even get my Relentless or Dimensional Hero awards because of bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-20-2012, 09:32 PM
There are new rules about when you can access the klingon side. Is your fed toon bellow level 24?

I made myself a F2P account and while that account has a character slot for the KDF, i would get it until my fed is lvl 24. Its quite possible your gorn is hidden until you get there.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Praetori View Post
There are new rules about when you can access the klingon side. Is your fed toon bellow level 24?

I made myself a F2P account and while that account has a character slot for the KDF, i would get it until my fed is lvl 24. Its quite possible your gorn is hidden until you get there.
I think you may be onto something, I'll give it a try.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-21-2012, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Praetori View Post

I think you may be onto to something. Even thou i'm a LTS when I recently ran a new character to lvl25, I got the "Qa'pla, you unlocked klingon play" message even thou 7 of my 13 charcters are klingons.
If there is that "little glitch" for an LTS maybe it's affecting previously subbed silvers and previouslly trial accounts.

I'll test that tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-21-2012, 01:27 AM
Hello there squiddude if nothing has happened to your character, you may be able to view it on the website, but this is not a guarantee just an idea I have.

Use this link below but replace "Handle" at the end of the link with your in game @Handle and let us know what you find.

http://www.startrekonline.com/charac...racters/Handle
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-21-2012, 03:36 AM
the website is often wrong so never go by that.

they have said that characters that have not been used in a while go to a back up database and they dont always show straight away, so if you logged on he may be missing. log off completly and go back in and he should be there again.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-21-2012, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo

they have said that characters that have not been used in a while go to a back up database and they dont always show straight away, so if you logged on he may be missing. log off completly and go back in and he should be there again.
That's really good advice, I just thought looking on the website was worth a shot.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-21-2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo

I've done this enough times to cause any GM reviewing my number of logins to think I've got OCD.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
That's really good advice, I just thought looking on the website was worth a shot.
its always worth a shot, but i know some players in the past have found discrepancies by going off the site and assumed something had gone wrong with their account, when its simply the site not updating correctly.