Lt. Commander
# 1 Irony
01-20-2012, 08:42 PM
I read the boards and I see...

A player base saying that the game is dead.

People complaining about the Devs not listening to them and doing whatever they want, regardless of player feedback.

People complaining about the Devs fixing minor bugs, while major bugs go untouched.

People complaining about heavy handed forum mods.

People complaining about broken raids.

Threads about "If the game wasn't this IP, would you still play it?"

Threads complaining about one faction getting all the 'love', while the other faction gets the shaft.

"Yeah, we all read the STO boards, so what?" you may ask.

I'm not talking about STO though. I'm talking about SW:TOR. Their boards read *exactly* the same way as here. The irony of it is so thick, I can cut it with a knife, especially after how many people proclaimed that TOR was going to be the 'perfect' game, blow STO (and WoW, and every other MMO) out of the water, etc, etc..

Just goes to show, *no* game is perfect. Not that one, not this one, not the 'popular' one..

Ah, irony at its finest.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Hmmm the irony is ironic.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-20-2012, 08:59 PM
You just now figured that out? TORs forums have been like that since open beta. Anyway, the difference is most reviewers are giving TOR fairly high reviews.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
Hmmm the irony is ironic.
hmm? Personally, I like both games. I honestly don't see why people feel that someone can *only* play *one* game, and therefore must bash every other game.

I just find it amusing that TOR's boards read exactly like STO's, even though so many people here were just about proclaiming TOR as the 'messiah' of MMOs.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-20-2012, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
You just now figured that out? TORs forums have been like that since open beta. Anyway, the difference is most reviewers are giving TOR fairly high reviews.
Indeed, while the user reviews have been going down.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Quote:
No, not really. But, I just felt the need to post after reading posts here where some people are deluding themselves that TOR's boards are filled with Rainbows and Faeries sprinkling candy and sunshine over everyone, when really, TOR's just another game with the same old boards every MMO has.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-20-2012, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
No, not really. But, I just felt the need to post after reading posts here where some people are deluding themselves that TOR's boards are filled with Rainbows and Faeries sprinkling candy and sunshine over everyone, when really, TOR's just another game with the same old boards every MMO has.
The problem is, people who are deluded wont be reasoned with. They will believe what they want to believe regardless of what you or I tell them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-21-2012, 12:18 AM
Quote:
TOR didn't have an open beta, it was closed all the time, only open to those invited.

The constant complaining over there is why I rarely post anything there for fear of stoking the arguments, it's the same to a lesser extent with STO. I'm just in TOR to play a brilliant game (IMO), and in STO to see what the Dev's here can do.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-21-2012, 12:27 AM
Ten thousand spoons, something something knife.

It's not ironic.
It's an asinine* statement.

*how many of you needed to google that word? And that's irony my dear. :p
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-21-2012, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
Indeed, while the user reviews have been going down.
Interestingly, STO, TOR, and WOW all have player ratings in the 6 category. To me this shows that the players who are unhappy with a game feel more motivated to go to review sites than those who are happy with it. Yet STO is the only one whose professional reviews match its player reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksterbro View Post
TOR didn't have an open beta, it was closed all the time, only open to those invited.
Pardon me; I meant since the NDA was lifted.