Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 151
02-08-2012, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellspawny View Post
The PvP forum is invaded by RP'ers. The end is nigh.
at least youd think he could muti quote
Lt. Commander
# 152
02-08-2012, 06:26 AM
Cry havoc, and let loose the posts of war

Multi-quoting's for losers anyways
Lt. Commander
# 153
02-08-2012, 06:38 AM
Ehi, Zilpha, you're a very nice and talkative klingun ... that's why now I will hunt you...
Lt. Commander
# 154
02-08-2012, 05:17 PM
All hands abandon ship!
Lt. Commander
# 155
02-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
All hands abandon ship!
trolls and haxors first!
Lt. Commander
# 156
02-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meynolt View Post
Feds that are constantly whining that the KDF is OP like hell.

Second, I never PvP
Third, what's the point of open queued PvP anyway? PvP numbers they had at launch.
Okay.. The feds whine about PvP.. but you never PvP.. so the KDF whiners don't apply to you

The Point of PvP is to, as one of our forumites loves to put it "Have fun kill bad guys" also, you get dilith and xp rewards for PvP dailies.

I never remember PvP being popular at launch, the day after shanty town was released, queues had subsided again, level to VA.
Lt. Commander
# 157
02-11-2012, 02:00 AM
defeat - genocide, why kwible with semantics
Lt. Commander
# 158
02-11-2012, 08:55 AM
I can not speak to the rest of the KDF fanbase but I have stopped playing any seriuos PvP and now only plinker in Ker'rat and the very rare CnH for a few reasons. One of which is the still constant *****ing about the perception of KDF OPness in PvP when I see the feds out play us and survive better on a daily basis in Ker'rat.
One gets tired of the constant whines of children on the forums whom obviuosly still need experience to get better at thier PvP craft.
Its spoils the PvP waters and gives a fetid taste to any victory when a KDF player knows that if they do well, they will be called OP and if the do not and die they will be called weak and a poor player.
The Damned if we do and Damned if we don't schizophrenic mindset of some has become the background chant of some of the fed fanbase and just adds more proof that they see themselves as rightfully standing on the pedastel the TV shows and genre has placed them upon in comparison to the other races of the genre all while refusing to believe that PvP allows the individual to perform outside the scripted constraints of that same genre.

Its sad and I've watched it repeat over a two year span now. New player comes in gets trounced , complains on KDF OPness, still PvPs, gets better and looses the KDF OPness belief only to be replaced by the next new player a few months, days or minutes later.

The worse offenders are those whom don't even PvP and base thier claim of KDF OPness on thier experiences with the faction in PvE and how easy a Tactical based faction can waltz through a game where killing tey fast is the fast way to level.
Lt. Commander
# 159
02-11-2012, 12:05 PM
The solution as i see would be to enable a 'PVP seeker' status so that way when a match is close to complete or filling up then it can send you a 'would u like to join this match' dialogue along the current number of people seeking to join this match.

Because a lot of ppl like myself enjoy pvping, but they dont like having to requeue after every match - or you just get side tracked scanning anomalies or working on your ship build. If there was a way to let ppl know when a queue is filling up (there could even be a threshold for the dialogue (i.e. ask me when a queue is 1 away from meeting minimum requirements, etc, with setting for seeking Space - Ground or Both) I think the queues would go a lot more smoothly.
Lt. Commander
# 160
02-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Please delete this thread.

How dare you call us cowards?

Every FvK Arena I play 1-5 Feds leave early.

Is this some mirror universe nonsense?