Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
01-21-2012, 08:28 AM
Even at endgame lvl, PvP ques are sparse because there is no special rewards for winning nor special gear for pvpers. Its not about cowardice, but rather whats the point?.
Lt. Commander
# 32 pvp
01-21-2012, 08:34 AM
I like PVP--others don't like it ...

Most that don't like it... one.. like shooting stuff that doesn't think... or are chicken and too good to ''pvp'' as it isn't good enough for them.

I always thought PVP is one of the best parts of this game....

as well as the Ker'raut system .....atleast there you get prizes...

The next PVP ...needs to have the ability to work with klingons..

One prize would be to have some romulan ship to use for a few hours.. in PVP only....Like a OPFOR type deal.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-21-2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
It's more likely that one or all of the following is true.

- The majority of Klingons are at max rank now, so if you aren't max rank, you won't see them in pvp.

- Many PVP players have moved to private queues, because the current system forces KDF and fed to be on opposite sides, and a lot of players like having mixed teams.

- With the recent launch of F2P, many players have started new characters to help their friends level.

- Since KDF isn't unlocked until 25, anything lower than that will not have KvF pvp.
You can have a Klingon / Federation Mixed Team ?!?!
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-21-2012, 08:51 AM
Moved to Ker'rat, where there are no queues and there's always federation ships to shoot at. Too many federation ships 90% of the time, but that's the fun of it, they outnumber you 5 to 1 but you have the tools to pick and choose engagements on your terms.

Which, I might add, you must do.

It is not optional.

I would point out that warriors gain honor and status by winning battles, not fighting blobs of Defiant-Rs because they were too proud to disengage.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-21-2012, 09:03 AM
I haven't pvp'd since sept. I got all my accolades and pvp is boring.

I uses to pvp every day for hours and hours.
It no longer is fun watching Feds with no strategy "Kirk it up" and run into a carrier. Not hit and running.

And now with f2p I have no desire to kill more Feds thinking that a sci ship is the way to "win".
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-21-2012, 09:13 AM
PvP is dead for 2 reasons

1: it takes to long to get into a match, so i don't even bother with it any longer at this point (chick or the egg kinda problem)

2: PvP itself has not gotten a single update since launch, yes it got it's queue fixed at one point, only because it was broken, then it got some *balance* passes which just means that every good power is at some point nerfed to be on the same level as everything else -> which results in a game where no powers are any better than the others so nothing does matter in the end.

it is just a question if you can counter whatever is thrown at you.

there is for example no counter to photonic shockwave, i played PvP the last time like 2 months ago and EVERYBODY AND HIS MOM used Photonic Shockwave.
Time for the Nerf hammer...

i think after the second or third balance pass i just gave up on it,
chasing the perfect build is just impossible in this game,
every time you find something that works good for you, it gets nerfed into uselessness because suddenly it's OP to do this.

now there are also the C-Store +1 consoles, so that PvP turned into Pay 2 Win, to some extent at least, i am sure that did turn a few people off.

i would very much like good PvP, but STO's is just badly done and there is nothing to it.

at this point of time i don't know what can be done to PvP to bring me back.
sure add some items at the end of a grind and i'll *participate* until i have those but to have FUN something big has to happen.
and i don't know what that could be.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-21-2012, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptBANG View Post
PvP is dead for 2 reasons

1: it takes to long to get into a match, so i don't even bother with it any longer at this point (chick or the egg kinda problem)

2: PvP itself has not gotten a single update since launch, yes it got it's queue fixed at one point, only because it was broken, then it got some *balance* passes which just means that every good power is at some point nerfed to be on the same level as everything else -> which results in a game where no powers are any better than the others so nothing does matter in the end.

there is for example no counter to photonic shockwave, i played PvP the last time like 2 months ago and EVERYBODY AND HIS MOM used Photonic Shockwave.

i think after the second or third balance pass i just gave up on it,
chasing the perfect build is just impossible in this game,
every time you find something that works good for you, it gets nerfed into uselessness because suddenly it's OP to do this.

now there are also the C-Store +1 consoles, so that PvP turned into Pay 2 Win, to some extent at least, i am sure that did turn a few people off.

i would very much like good PvP, but STO's is just badly done and there is nothing to it.

at this point of time i don't know what can be done to PvP to bring me back.
sure add some items at the end of a grind and i'll *participate* until i have those but to have FUN something big has to happen.
and i don't know what that could be.
/agree. I stopped PVP gameplay for the exact same reasons. Every time some1 figures out a build, then you have the forum thread cryers and Cryptic comes down hard with the NERFbat making whatever they NERFed basicly worthless. Now with the NERFs (via the skillbox revamps) to healing/tanking, the raise in DPS to most ev1, and Cryptic's "go to the C-Store and buy respecs" PVP has become a moot point. It just isn't worth it anylonger.

Nothing could be done to get me back into PVP as most of the reasoning why I quit the gameplay is all on the way Cryptic manages PVP and the game in general and I doubt that is going to CHANGE with any amount of new maps or new point system.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-21-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptBANG View Post

Er... Photonic Shockwave does have counters...

Attack Pattern Omega and Aux to ID provide immunity to it while you are protected from being stunned from any source after being stunned from any source (PSW, tricobalt) for 10 seconds.

PSW also only has a 3KM range, so there are 'soft' counters as well, like TBR or just keeping your range.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-21-2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
Crytic has done well in driving away nearely the entire PVP population.
fixed that for you
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS-Tiberius
Well all im saying is it only takes 5 klinks for one pvp match and if the game doesnt even have 5 klings willing to pvp in the WHOLE GAME.
Or maybe there's just not five KDF PvP fans who play at the same times you do.

I PvP occasionally (I wouldn't call myself a PvPer though) but when I do, my playtime generally runs from early (US Central) afternoon to late afternoon, or midnight to early in the morning. Most of the US plays late afternoons to early evenings (after work/school).

So to me, it seems like the game is dead most of the time. I'm extremely lucky if I get to PvP, and when I do, the chat channel always fills with German.