Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
01-23-2012, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS-Tiberius
Possible yeah but it barely happens. It takes over an hour to que for ONE yes just ONE pvp match....and thats if your lucky,
you didnt get what I said.

but its funny to see 20+ Fed Lieutenants in the Fed vs KDF arena queue and waiting for a match.

Ofc it would be up to Cyptic to disable these queues where there are no Klingons at all (level wise)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
01-23-2012, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi
you didnt get what I said.

but its funny to see 20+ Fed Lieutenants in the Fed vs KDF arena queue and waiting for a match.

Ofc it would be up to Cyptic to disable these queues where there are no Klingons at all (level wise)
Im on at alot of different times and its fact the pvp queue's are pretty dead, that's not in question...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
01-23-2012, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
and they cheat!!! One time in PVPing i was fighting a negvhar with my sovy and it was moving and manuvering (spelling) like a defiant/escout!!!!??? What the hell!?
I seriously doubt that's a cheat. took my Negh'var out a coupla days ago in pve and I was suprised at just how maneuverable it is. he slid alot, but turned rather quickly while in that turn
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44 PvP
01-23-2012, 04:44 AM
I play a kingon just about every day and do 3 or more PvPs in my BoP, getting better at it. My problem is how some Fed escorts can one shot me all the time. I saw a defiant escort fire CANNONS sideways the other day, I couldnt beleive it. There are some things about PvP that seem to be exploitable,,, Some players are simply invincible. And of course every time a Fed gets in trouble they do one of three things:
1 - spew warp plasma everywhere
2 - run
3 - spew warp plasma everywhere and then run

Also, Feds can't fight without 3 or 4 way overpowered beam boats meandering around, seems to me the Fed/KDF win ratio is somewhere around 4 to 1, anything less than that and the KDF rules!

Long Live the Empire!
See you in PvP, Ka'Pla!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
01-23-2012, 07:48 AM
LMAO LMAO Really have the feds gotten tired of the old threat that they will do just FvF PvP becuase the Klinks are percieved to be OP?
This is what happens when you whine one way and make such silly " I'll take me ball and go home " threats, the other side will get bored of showing up, playing only to hear you whine that we KDF are OP if you lose.
As others have said , we KDF fans are the the unwanted fans, so I am not the least bit surprised that a hard time finding opponents is happening. Its not like we have any incentive to hang around and play the same old stuff we've been playing for two years.

And btw, Negh'vars can be built to be very agile for a cruiser if one BOffs it correctly.
also the use of the new MACO shield probably has a lot to do with it.
Why fight an oppoenent that doesn't even have a chance of being hurt?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
01-23-2012, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannamoth
I play a kingon just about every day and do 3 or more PvPs in my BoP, getting better at it. My problem is how some Fed escorts can one shot me all the time. I saw a defiant escort fire CANNONS sideways the other day, I couldnt beleive it. There are some things about PvP that seem to be exploitable,,, Some players are simply invincible. And of course every time a Fed gets in trouble they do one of three things:
1 - spew warp plasma everywhere
2 - run
3 - spew warp plasma everywhere and then run

Also, Feds can't fight without 3 or 4 way overpowered beam boats meandering around, seems to me the Fed/KDF win ratio is somewhere around 4 to 1, anything less than that and the KDF rules!

Long Live the Empire!
See you in PvP, Ka'Pla!
Some cannons haver a 360' arc. I see an escort do that a lot as I have a Defiant class loaded up with nothing but single cannons with a 360' arc.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
01-23-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelchall
Some cannons haver a 360' arc. I see an escort do that a lot as I have a Defiant class loaded up with nothing but single cannons with a 360' arc.
Those are turrets.

They have the lowest damage of any weapon in the game (80% of a Beam Array) and, like all Cannons, have their damage greatly reduced if fired at ranges >5KM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
01-23-2012, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Those are turrets.

They have the lowest damage of any weapon in the game (80% of a Beam Array) and, like all Cannons, have their damage greatly reduced if fired at ranges >5KM.
My cannons do crazy damage at 5-10km ranges. I usually drop there shield with one volley of rapid fire and nuke there hull with 2nd volley of rapid fire mixed in with 4 quantems, if that does not finish them fire 3rd volley of rapid fire then I turn around and fire beams with a tricobalt II or III out of my back side at point blank range and nuke them for 45k+ damage.

I dont see much damage decrease with cannons at range, sure its there but its barely noticable, I do have all max skills though in weapons on everything so maybe thats why.

I have never seen in any game such a neglect from dev's into there own pvp or own game such as cryptic, never in a zillion years of gaming, I mean putting in a few new maps, sorting our spawns, balancing some pvp stuff, adding some new scenarios, iv seen games roll that out on a one off weekly patch.

Cryptic really have ZERO excuses...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
01-23-2012, 08:54 AM
When I play Klingon it seems like there's no Feds. The queues are just long for everyone sometimes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
01-23-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitron72003 View Post
I'm sorry but this is simply not true, have you seen all the new gear that the kilinks have? I play my klinks as much or more than the rest of my toons. They where created after i knew what i wanted.

A whinny bunch, yes. Unloved, no.

We got a new first city, new ships, new consoles, new abilities. And we already had better ships....(that should stir it up a bit, lol)

The only thing i really need is new boots for my Orion slave girl. Them tall, sexy ho boots like the fed girls have. Than I'll be happy, lol
Give it time. Once you reach the 100th time doing the same missions over and over again you will realized why we want a full level of PvE factional play rather than just the same old targ pucky that has had sprinklings of content added over the last two years all while being told time and again that the KDF player numbers do not reflect a need to put the extra effort in to the KDF faction.
New toys and ships, while welcomed and nice do not give any sense of gameplay to the KDF past shooting things in PvP or the same old missions. We need PvE gameplay to give a story to the faction that draws the player in, not just running around bashing feds when one gets bored playing as a fed.
We need intrique on the High council, the missing years and missions for the Undine hunt, Missions on how we invaded teh Romulans to conquer old territories, political missions that deal with inner-House rivalries, etc, etc.
Its fun to play KDF if all one wants to do in mine the game for DL and shoot feds, but there needs to be more if the faction is to keep the player interested for any longer than it takes for killing feds to get boring.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:57 PM.