Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 51
01-23-2012, 12:34 PM
I may have been over exaggerating when I said they KDF cheat. I was just frustrated at the time. Anyway they are good.
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrekkingAngel
And they insult you over chat if you do kill them
Hell, almost every game that has online is that way, not just STO, RDR is pretty bad about that as well.
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Give it time. Once you reach the 100th time doing the same missions over and over again you will realized why we want a full level of PvE factional play rather than just the same old targ pucky that has had sprinklings of content added over the last two years all while being told time and again that the KDF player numbers do not reflect a need to put the extra effort in to the KDF faction.
New toys and ships, while welcomed and nice do not give any sense of gameplay to the KDF past shooting things in PvP or the same old missions. We need PvE gameplay to give a story to the faction that draws the player in, not just running around bashing feds when one gets bored playing as a fed.
We need intrique on the High council, the missing years and missions for the Undine hunt, Missions on how we invaded teh Romulans to conquer old territories, political missions that deal with inner-House rivalries, etc, etc.
Its fun to play KDF if all one wants to do in mine the game for DL and shoot feds, but there needs to be more if the faction is to keep the player interested for any longer than it takes for killing feds to get boring.
Should I repost my rants at Stahl rewritten to energize the F2P crowd?
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
Really and here I thought they were using MAGIC. and they do it continuley with no breaks in between to indcaite a cooldown timer.
Well, between the three, duty officers that reduce cooldown, and someone that knows how to fire them off at just the right time, you might not notice a cooldown.

As a science officer who flew cruisers for over a year I can attest to the fact that you can create a build that can bring your target into your forward field of fire when needed.
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Pretty amazing that a thread with a name like this is still open.
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-23-2012, 01:10 PM
They ought to add Otha to the War Zone mission description. It's not mentioned, and it's hardly ever busy :'(

Quote:
and they cheat!!! One time in PVPing i was fighting a negvhar with my sovy and it was moving and manuvering (spelling) like a defiant/escout!!!!??? What the hell!?
"HOW TO: Make Your Negh'Var Turn on a Dime!" http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=2724537
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS-Tiberius
Im on at alot of different times and its fact the pvp queue's are pretty dead, that's not in question...
Well then, if you say it it must be so.
I have over 600 days subscribed, I play pretty much only Klingon,& I PVP all day long. There is no FvK until max level.
Your thread Title is insulting. At first I got pretty ****ed off when i read it, until I realized after reading more of your posts that you're obviously 13 years old.. I cannot wait to meet you in an arena to show you what "cowards" we are.
Lt. Commander
# 58
01-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
I may have been over exaggerating when I said they KDF cheat. I was just frustrated at the time. Anyway they are good.
Your lot must be blind here when I saying sorry. Seriously.
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-23-2012, 01:50 PM
If you hate STO PvP, Refuse to play it anymore, Believe it is dead, think it's too broken to be fun, why are you posting here? There are plenty of PvE threads, post there; and if you play other games, troll their forums, not ours. Honestly, I see about 3 regular PvPer's in this thread. Everyone else appears to be players who are either new or haven't played this game (in a meaningful manner) in MONTHS or longer. PvP is not dead. There are still lots of us out here who have FUN everyday.

So far, the only thing that F2P appears to have done for PvP, along with fresh blood, is bring back all the players who couldn't cut it when their fotm, OP/broken builds got nerfed and quit playing because it "wasn't fair" and they were unwilling to adapt (FAW ring a bell? or the old VM3, SNB combo? both fixes caused mass-exodus' of players)... and neither are qualified to pass judgement. Obviously there are exceptions, but this seems a fair statement to me.

Edit: To the OP, hang in there! It picks up a lot at VA or LG. Find PvP friends and start flying as a coordinated unit. It will make your PvP experience much more enjoyable.
Lt. Commander
# 60 No one is a coward here
01-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Cowardice and bravery are not to be found in a video game. They are found in the hearts of people, but are exhibited in dangerous situations in real life; never in a video game.

If you are walking along a riverbank and see someone drowning, you now have a choice. You can be a hero and go out into the water and save that person, or you can be a coward and let him drown. The choice of going on unaffected has been taken from you by the situation.

Having served in the military, I know bravery and cowardice when I see it. You never see it in a video game. You only see people who like competing in pvp and those who do not.

PvP in STO has lots of problems. Most of the pvp'ers have moved on, considering there are lots of great pvp games that have lots of features and many times more people that STO. Modern Warfare 3 made a billion dollars (that's with a B) in 16 days. Starcraft 2 is a major league pvp game that has been around awhile. Approximately 100 times more people play pvp there than have ever played STO. The new players who we hope to create a critical mass of pvp players can't play kdf until they reach level 25, and I assume that most of those players will want to finish levelling their first fed char before switching to KDF. Hopefully in a few weeks, especially when the new KDF mission comes out, you might see more people play the other faction.

I have 8 max rank KDF characters. I never queue up because the wait times are long and even if you do you're likely to end up in a PUG against a premade team that will beat you 15-0. And now I think you probably need to get the STF gear if you want to compete, which will take you weeks or months to get.