My friend(Captain) and I(VA) tried to swtich Bridge Officers so we could cross-train them for each other.
I first gave my Bridge Officer A to my friend. He received it and trained him up.
When he tries to give A back to me, the system says "xxxx does not have enough room to accept A" even though I have 5/12 Bridge Officer slots available.
Anybody have any clue of why this might be happening?
Things I have done:
1) I then thought "maybe its all those Bridge Officer candidates" so I cleared all of them except one (Reman) - No luck.
2) Cleared all mails (and attachments)
3) Open up more bank and inventory spaces
4) Finished all "New Officer Assignemnt" and received/cleared all BO candidates.
5) I asked my friend to clear "his" BO slots (so he has one empty slot)
I'm actually having the same problem. I sent over an uncomissioned officer (I assumed they had to commission to train) then we couldn't transfer back as it said my inventory was full, but I had 2 open commissioned spots and cleared a bunch of waiting to join officers.
Also, be sure you have at least TWO open inventory slots, as the face to face transfer appears to use inventory space as a 'temp' buffer during the transfer, (even though BO never end up in Inventory space..)