Lt. Commander
everytime i try to login, the game wants to login over Eu2.proxy....... and stucks for minutes in the Connect to Loginserver. After 3 trys the game give me a message that i cant connect over the proxy and that its deactivate, few seconds later im in the game.

Is there a way to deactivate this Eu2.proxy...... thing ?? it gets really annoying to know that i have to wait 10 min to login just because of this xxxxxxxxxx

Hope thsi is the right place to ask this

( ps. I have absolute NO laggs in game and i dont use a proxy my self !! )
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Jep. Same problem here. eu2 does not work.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-21-2012, 01:18 PM
if you select none under the launcher option it will not use the proxy. then clear your dns cache by typing in a command prompt ipconfig /flushdns

then launch the game. if you need to use the proxy to get a good connection because the routing to the server is not good when you duse the none option then when you use the eu proxy option hopefully it will reset your connection to the eu1 proxy.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-21-2012, 01:52 PM
as always its too easy !! just open the launcher options :p ( i swear i would not thought about this ^^ )

Thanks a lot !!
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-21-2012, 03:54 PM
I know its easy to change, but eu2 proxy is not working and I would like to use it!
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Also, having this problem. It's rather annoying having to restart the game again and again till it decides to use EU1. EU proxy offers me the best connection so using the other options isn't preferable.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-23-2012, 09:32 AM
having same problem. could connect to EU proxy before it went f2p
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Same problem today, eu2 proxy is not working.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-25-2012, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegasusMD
if you select none under the launcher option it will not use the proxy. then clear your dns cache by typing in a command prompt ipconfig /flushdns

then launch the game. if you need to use the proxy to get a good connection because the routing to the server is not good when you duse the none option then when you use the eu proxy option hopefully it will reset your connection to the eu1 proxy.
I've used the none proxy option, cleared my dns cache, then used the EU proxy option but it's still trying to connect to the eu2 proxy
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Sorry for thread necromancy, but I have a solution for this problem. It involves using your hosts file to fool STO into connecting to eu1 proxy even when it want to connect to eu2.

1) Discover the IP address of eu1 proxy.
  • Press Start + R to open a Run dialog
  • Type cmd and press enter to open your command prompt
  • Type 'ping eu1.proxy.crypticstudios.com' (without quotation marks) and press Enter. Note the IP it is pinging. The IP should be 4 numbers separated by dots. For example, at the moment, the IP for eu1 proxy is 79.125.3.30

2) Edit the hosts file
  • Open Notepad or your other favourite plain text editor. If you are running Windows Vista or 7, you should open it as Administrator (right-click and choose Run as Administrator).
  • Press Ctrl + O to open the open file dialog
  • Navigate to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc
  • Choose All Files under file type, instead of the default Text Document in Notepad
  • Open the hosts file (double-click it or click it then click Open button)
  • At the bottom of the file, add the following line (eu1 IP) eu2.proxy.crypticstudios.com but replace (eu1 IP) with the IP you noted previously.
  • Press Ctrl + S to save the file and close Notepad.

3) Test the change. Repeat step 1, but type 'ping eu2.proxy.crypticstudios.com'. It should display the same IP as for eu1 proxy. If it works, play the game and don't worry about which proxy it chooses to connect to.

Important Note: You will have to repeat this process whenever IP address for eu1 proxy changes.