Lt. Commander
I am new to the game, so far be it for me to question Cryptic, but since the Connie (and variants) and the Excelsior (and variants) are in the game, why isn't the Ambassador class in the game? They could do the one seen in TNG and possibly a variant based upon Rick Sternbach's drawing (the one that is in the new Ships of the Line 2012 calendar). Just a thought.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbroome
I am new to the game, so far be it for me to question Cryptic
First of all welcome. Second of all, never think that because you are new you cant question the Devs, because thats completely wrong. Anyway, to answer your question they simply havent gotten around to it yet, but it is supposedly coming.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-21-2012, 11:51 AM
there are a lot of ships in trek so it takes time to get them all. i believe they were going to tie it into a future episode that has either not been made yet or shelved for the time being.

i would suspect we will see it sometime this year.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-21-2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbroome
I am new to the game, so far be it for me to question Cryptic, but since the Connie (and variants) and the Excelsior (and variants) are in the game, why isn't the Ambassador class in the game? They could do the one seen in TNG and possibly a variant based upon Rick Sternbach's drawing (the one that is in the new Ships of the Line 2012 calendar). Just a thought.
Actually that's Andrew Probert's Ambassador. And I'm not sure if CBS has rights to that design since it was an artwork, which would mean it might get held up like the Vesta.

But in time, all ships will be added. And surely varients will be introduced as well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-21-2012, 11:58 AM
I seem to recall a tweet by CapnLogan stating that the Ambassador was done. It's probably just waiting to be released at the appropriate time: possibly as some sort of event or promotion later in the year.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-21-2012, 12:05 PM
It has been stated by the Cryptic developers too many times to count that the Ambassador class has been done for a very long time now. They are waiting for a way to introduce it to Star Trek Online in a special way.

Computer, activate Universal Translator:

They're sitting on it until there's some (as yet unplanned) relevant content to introduce it to the game to drive up demand and most importantly charge you money for it since it ties into that new content so well. This tactic was previously employed with the Delta Flyer being put in the C-Store at the same time they released the Reman shuttle mission "The Vault" with predictable results.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-21-2012, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
It has been stated by the Cryptic developers too many times to count that the Ambassador class has been done for a very long time now. They are waiting for a way to introduce it to Star Trek Online in a special way.

Computer, activate Universal Translator:

They're sitting on it until there's some (as yet unplanned) relevant content to introduce it to the game to drive up demand and most importantly charge you money for it since it ties into that new content so well. This tactic was previously employed with the Delta Flyer being put in the C-Store at the same time they released the Reman shuttle mission "The Vault" with predictable results.
They're going to charge money for it not matter what, so your post seems someone pointless. Only the Klinks have gotten any free ships since the game launched.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Quote:
It has been stated by the Cryptic developers too many times to count that the Ambassador class has been done for a very long time now.
For some reason I missed that. Link please? Should be easy to find since its too many times to count
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Listen to pretty much anything CapnLogan has said, including that last interview with one of the big podcasts.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Listen to pretty much anything CapnLogan has said, including that last interview with one of the big podcasts.
I'm pretty sure I did, but I must have missed that statement. Again though, since it is "too many times to count" there should be plenty of other examples I can easily see right?