Lt. Commander
# 81
03-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by painkillerjayne
Hi fellas. Been reading this thread and y'all have my sympathies

Just a thought (and it probably won't work but I haven't seen it mentioned), have you tried deleting the hogg files, running a registry clean-up program, then re-patching and all that?

I prefer CCleaner. You can download it @ piriform.com

I've seen CCleaner fix all kinds of buggardly problems that defy logic. If you do give it a try then repeatedly run the registry scan until it comes up w/ no issues before re-patching.

All right, that was my two cents (although with todays inflation it's probably only worth 1.2 cents)

Best of luck to you
Tried CC cleaner and first thing that popped up was a .hogg Unstable extension lol, re-patching now, 12g will update y'all on what i find then.

btw, new machine, NO AV programs installed and windows firewall disabled.

I feel like my isp is going to throttle me if i keep downloading 12g patches.
Lt. Commander
# 82
03-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opaserv View Post
Hey Drama, I live here In Eugene, a short road trip and I'll fix your damned computer =P
My friend Mike they guy known as "MGmirkin" is starting to suspect my issue it is a faulty memory module what is wierd the first windows memory test came back clean, the burning memory test came back clean, but when he tested with Mem86, MemTest86+ it was reporting errors in couple of the tests but not all of them. Now we are running another burnIN Test its coming back with a couple of errors. Wondering if BestBuy or Fry's Electronics will do the memory test for free or for a reasonable fee without a membership. Do not want to send it back to the manufacture if its not a hardware problem.
Lt. Commander
# 83
03-04-2012, 10:01 AM
I think , I've joined the club as well

Today had a mission and went to Memory Alpha , then tried to beam down and "client crashed" with an error "Decompressing Data" some kit texture files was causing the issue .
Anyhow , re-start the launcher /safe mode/force verify but didn't sort the issue and my characters been locked there.
Whenever I try log in with them, instantly crashing. I've tried another char and guess what, it worked and no crash .

So sumhow missin sum texture.hogg files for that sector and can't seem to patch them via launcher.

Spoke to my friend to recieve all texture hogg. files from him since he's been around with the game since day 1 and must have the all hoggs.

Let's see if it sorts the issue.
Lt. Commander
# 84
03-04-2012, 10:14 AM
UPDATE: hogg files deleted and repatched, also cleared registry errors with CCleaner, one day later and no issues. I'd suggest cleaning the registry for those that are still having issues after repatching.
Lt. Commander
# 85
03-04-2012, 10:35 AM
I have yet to go to the best buy and test the memory but for the time being I am on my older and slower e machine til we can get this resolved (My E machine plays the game just fine just at low settings with barely any graphic card settings its not designed to play HD games but it works at the lowest of the low settings, graphics look pixilated but they work), not sure what to do at this point and I think Mike aka "MGmirkin" is wondering if you all have any suggestions at this point.

My new computer which can play STO works fine in all other things and has no crashes except when it comes Star Trek Online so its isolated to the game. Which makes us both believe its not really a memory/hardware issue its to focalized in one particular game I have no issues with any other websites, facebook application games (Zynga), computer programs and what not. I am really tempted to drive down to Eugene to take up "Opaserv" offer but not sure if I have exhausted all online help to fix this. What do you all think?
Lt. Commander
# 86
03-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyflyaway75 View Post
UPDATE: hogg files deleted and repatched, also cleared registry errors with CCleaner, one day later and no issues. I'd suggest cleaning the registry for those that are still having issues after repatching.
Try visiting all sectors in game mate,and do the episodes .Since I had no problem but suddenly appeared when I visit Memory Alpha ( to beam down).
Lt. Commander
# 87
03-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaLlama2010
I have yet to go to the best buy and test the memory but for the time being I am on my older and slower e machine til we can get this resolved (My E machine plays the game just fine just at low settings with barely any graphic card settings its not designed to play HD games but it works at the lowest of the low settings, graphics look pixilated but they work), not sure what to do at this point and I think Mike aka "MGmirkin" is wondering if you all have any suggestions at this point.

My new computer which can play STO works fine in all other things and has no crashes except when it comes Star Trek Online so its isolated to the game. Which makes us both believe its not really a memory/hardware issue its to focalized in one particular game I have no issues with any other websites, facebook application games (Zynga), computer programs and what not. I am really tempted to drive down to Eugene to take up "Opaserv" offer but not sure if I have exhausted all online help to fix this. What do you all think?

Still waiting to replace (working texture hogg files of toal 4.5 gig) from a friend mate. Whenever I can get them, I'll try and put a reply.
Lt. Commander
# 88
03-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -1PARA-JarHeaD
Still waiting to replace (working texture hogg files of toal 4.5 gig) from a friend mate. Whenever I can get them, I'll try and put a reply.
I have deleted all the hogg files several times and deleted them one at a time and tried to repatch it does not help in my case for what ever reason the issue seems to be my memory module and star trek online and only related to Star Trek the computer works great on everything else. Not sure what to do. I want to get this resolved as soon as possible I hate using my emachine when I bought a new computer to only play Star Trek Online.
Lt. Commander
# 89
03-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegasusMD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRanger
Fun fact, the game will break pretty frequently if you install to Program Files under Vista or Win7 because of a new security feature called Virtual Store (short version: it intercepts and rewrites file writes inside prog files to go somewhere else). That is why it is no longer the default install location on those platforms. There is no permanent way to disable this feature of Windows, so installing outside of Program Files is the best option. The "correct" place according to MS for this would be C:\ProgramData, but more games use Users\Public\Games that we wanted to go with the clearer one. The More You Know.
under win7 and vista , windows itself will corrupt the hogg files if the game is installed under program files.folder becuase of windows secuirty feature of files installed in that directory.
I will try out this solution I had it downloaded in ProgramFiles86X folder I will try to re install it outside of program files and see what happens my friend Mike is coming over to assist me!
Lt. Commander
# 90
03-04-2012, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -1PARA-JarHeaD
I think , I've joined the club as well

Today had a mission and went to Memory Alpha , then tried to beam down and "client crashed" with an error "Decompressing Data" some kit texture files was causing the issue .
Anyhow , re-start the launcher /safe mode/force verify but didn't sort the issue and my characters been locked there.
Same here. Force verify does nothing for this error, so far as I can tell. Sorry Cryptic. It goes through the verification, completes but still crashes 'decompressing...'

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyflyaway75 View Post
Yeah, we've repatched several times after deleting various texture .hogg files. Usually fixes it for a few hours until some other random corrupted texture comes up in another mission...

One night it was regularly crashing on male short hair 2. Finally deleted and repatched the 3rd texture .hoog which seemed to fix it until it later started crashing on a kit texture.

I guess what I'm saying is I *hope* your issues get resolved, but give it a few days, play a variety of missions and get back to us on whether it's, as far as you can tell, TOTALLY fixed or whether it was just temporarily fixed (as has happened repeatedly to us)...