Lt. Commander
# 11
01-22-2012, 08:39 AM
How about something similar to the normal runs. When you run on Elite you get a different form of Encrypted Data Chip and after getting something like 40 or even 60 you can turn them in for a MK XII requisition. It's still a grind on Elite but at least you know you will be rewarded for your efforts. Something you're not at all guaranteed with the current mess.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-22-2012, 08:55 AM
NO end game gear is ment to be hard to get so no it shouldnt be changed.

only thing i would change is if u have more than 6 toons there no way u will ever grind the gear so possibly, there should be incrase drop rate for each time u have a fully gear'd toon so after u main is fully xii then u have increase chance on ur account to win more xii for other charaters.

but the gear should be remain hard to get other wise whats the point.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog0000
NO end game gear is ment to be hard to get so no it shouldnt be changed.
There is ABSOLUTELY nothing 'hard' about getting end game gear in STO, and it NEVER has been. I don't know what game you are playing but an unorganized group with a competent member or two in all white gear can beat the STF's...so I don't quite see where you are getting sto gear = hard.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-22-2012, 12:29 PM
It's not that MK XII MACO or Omega or Honor Guard is hard to get. It's that it's a complete crapshoot if you'll get the prototype salvage necessary to get it. And therein lies the crap.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garravesh View Post
As I have said in other psrts of the forums. People seem to believe by paying a monthly sub or lifer account and now f2p this entitles them to the best gear possible with minimal effort......THE WHOLE GAME is like this until the stf's..

The rates are fair......after 300+ drops i have received one uber item......

MY BIGGEST PRIZE was the dilithium I earned from all those prototypes.......altogther almost 300k dilithium.....this allowed me to pay for many things i would never really buy with my RL money.

so what..i dont have a full set of mk 12 maxo or honor guard......i sure has the dilithium though.
Stop trolling
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-22-2012, 04:28 PM
Whoever talked about the conversion idea, that is actually really good one. I got about over 300 data chips, 40 some rare borg salvage and 30 some very rare salvage. That I don't know what to do with. I don't need dilithium or any junk parts. Like for example turn the salvage, data chips into 1 prototype piece

I've given up doing STF just to get any mark 12 stuff.

I've done over 300 elites and haven't gotten crap. Just the same stupid deflectors, impulse engines and other garbage loot that has no use being there to begin with.

My advice is do STF just to get Mark 11 stuff from the data chips, salvage or pure luck.

Currently the drop based on 200 run ratio is exactly 0.5%

The chance of getting the specific piece that you need is 0.16%

Who the hell in their right mind is going to waste their time doing that?
Rihannsu
# 17 Ground STFS Elite Drop Rate
08-21-2012, 09:11 PM
I completely agree with you that this needs to be addressed and the argument that if it were increased would harm the game and players is erroneous at best since thats why you were doing the stfs in the first place. The critical thing is that most people including myself who has two max level characters will only grind for so long am already considering packing it in since the ground gear tech drops don't happen and to be honest am fed up and bored of putting in all that effort into the doing the ground missions to be rewarded with just the normal elite drops.

Gozer or whoever is responsible for this farce sort it out a lot of players I know and in zone chat are getting tired of running hundreds of ground stfs and not getting the items they wanted, its so disappointing when it does not happen considering that some of us do not have time to run stfs 24/7 for we have lives outside of sto like friends and work etc.

I don't care how you do it but make it possible that everytime you do a ground stf elite you get the tech drop you need I have done hundreds of ground stfs and not gotten the tech drops that I needed to get my gear and to be blunt like so many am very annoyed to put it politely. Another thing you could is make the gear purchasable with borg edcs at least then I could get rid of the hundreds I have lol and while we are on the subject make the borg edcs account bound rather than character for I could give some to my other character who needs some good ship gear and along with borg salvage too I have plenty of that I don't need at the moment.
Commander
# 18
08-21-2012, 10:32 PM
Sto is dying. Albeit, a slow indignified death, but it is dying. When endgame is three repeatable missions, and continues to be so for months, people move on. I have stopped stfing altogethor, as the rng in, say, minecraft or aqworlds is far more rewarding. Increase stf drop rates, and increase them SIGNIFICANTLY. I mean, atleast 5 percent. I will leave, I'm almost doing it already- add more content, boost stf drop rates, or both. Do it, or your asian bosses will see red ink, and will fire the lot of ya for wasting their money on rescouse sinks and crapships.
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Community Moderator
# 19
08-22-2012, 09:38 AM
This thread was raised from the dead (after no posts for 30 days or more) and it had to be put down.

Please remember to check the dates of threads; and if you find an old thread raised from the dead which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies just report it and avoid posting in it.

Note that you're more than welcome to start a new thread on the topic (unless there is an existing thread on the topic that has received a post within the last 30 days, in which case you can just continue to post in that thread)!

Live Long and Prosper,

Bluegeek
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Closed Thread