Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
01-22-2012, 07:14 AM
This begs the question....

Are the servers up to it?

Every Online Game has Maintanance Schedules, the vast majority have them on a weekly or monthly basis.
Some have them during the game, hence you might see some lag during this period.

I have yet to find a game that closes daily for maintanance ... until now (no matter how long its down for)

Personally, I think that, with ST:O going F2P, they didnt anticipate the influx of new players and the servers are at a bottleneck. So now they are in blind panic to get them fixed.

And they dont know what to fix, so Day 1 they bring em down, tinker about, "see if that works", next day "No, didnt work" Bring servers down again and so on
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
01-22-2012, 07:17 AM
Thanks a lot guys. Normally in the week this is not a problem. Sundays are the only days in the UK I get to play with my kids on STO for the day. Does it HAVE to be on a Sunday? I pay three lots of subs for this and I am getting rapidly sick of it. Believe me, if any of you know my posts you know I usually stick up for Cryptic but not today.

Get it sorted and do it quick or it will be three more gold accounts you're gonna lose. I don't pay 25 a month, that's 300 a year for this.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
01-22-2012, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_UKCM
And they dont know what to fix, so Day 1 they bring em down, tinker about, "see if that works", next day "No, didnt work" Bring servers down again and so on
Sometimes this can be the only way to find the problem.:p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
01-22-2012, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CrypticOps
We will be bringing down the shard for a restart on Sunday, January 22nd from 8:00AM to 9:00AM PST (1600 to 1700 UTC). We will provide an update when this is complete.
good afternoon, I first want to apologize for my English, I'm using google translator.

second I want to put a complaint on behalf of all my colleagues, it is normal that every day there is maintenance.
1 hour daily maintenance is 30 hours.
I'm paying 30 hours are more than a day without access to the game.

Would this be a new dynamic combertir?
I understand that to make this work must be maintained, but this is too much.

Please think before, maintaining 3 days a week iva everything perfect.
Thanks for your attention and sorry for my English.
PD: In Europe the maintenance is 5:00 p.m. wings, just when we started.
Does this will be compensated in some way?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
01-22-2012, 08:03 AM
I could see being upset at this daily maintenance if I were a gold member...paying for a subscription, but It is a big update and the influx of F2Pers is probably more than enough to be the cause of this maintanance. At least they are only doing it 1 hour out of everyday instead of all day for a few weeks.

But maybe they could offer Free Fold Membership to subscribers during this scheduled maintenance period?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
01-22-2012, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEMAN97
I could see being upset at this daily maintenance if I were a gold member...paying for a subscription, but It is a big update and the influx of F2Pers is probably more than enough to be the cause of this maintanance. At least they are only doing it 1 hour out of everyday instead of all day for a few weeks.

But maybe they could offer Free Fold Membership to subscribers during this scheduled maintenance period?
if I understand, but, as I said before, 1 h each day = 30 hours = 1 day and 5 hours without access to the game.
Is that what you save day in the subscription?
and I speak on behalf of my entire Spanish fleet
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
01-22-2012, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCapitan1701 View Post
This majority-rules-argument is really unworthy for every democratic society, as they always respect their minorities.
In addition your arguments are based on a assumption because cryptic never told us the real spreading of customers. If you taking in to consideration, that EU-players are paying much more per player than other players you might lose your argument at all.
But: the maintance time from 16-17 utc isn`t bad for eu-players. Most people are still working, and for those not working it doesn`t matter if it`s 10-11 or 16-17.
Go through the dev tracker and you will clearly see a post saying they do it(just like most companies do it) during there least peak times; before trying to dispute factual statements - do some research. Your terrible attempt at bashing the 'majority rules' argument is pretty pathetic. This isn't a situation about the QoL of the human population, it's a business decision on making a minor inconvenience; deal with it.

Secondly your inherent violation of your own logic makes me quiver. You try to debate I can't possibly know the low times because 'In addition your arguments are based on a assumption because cryptic never told us the real spreading of customers.' but turn around and try to argue where the most revenue comes from is painfully ironic. Especially when we are talking about most UU, not most revenue per UU; but whateves bro - it's obvious you don't know what you are talking about. Good try though.

(thumbs up)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
01-22-2012, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
Go through the dev tracker and you will clearly see a post saying they do it(just like most companies do it) during there least peak times; before trying to dispute factual statements - do some research. Your terrible attempt at bashing the 'majority rules' argument is pretty pathetic. This isn't a situation about the QoL of the human population, it's a business decision on making a minor inconvenience; deal with it.
in Europe, 16.00/17.00.
Then just be from 17.00 / to 18.00
afternoon is going there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
01-22-2012, 08:14 AM
its only an hour just play another game for a hour no biggie and my syphathy to all the EU players effected.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
01-22-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimatrix08 View Post
This is a question I'm wondering myself at the moment.
It would be appreciated if Cryptic would give us an explanation. it would clear up many discussion and questions people are throwing around on the forums.
That would make too much sense to do.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:53 PM.