Lt. Commander
As the f2p conversion has all of us VAs grinding those dreaded STFs we've had almost since launched, just where does the Foundry stand now? I haven't honestly tried a single mission since the conversion since getting MACO and Omega sets seem the imperative.

The creativity in Foundry missions is astounding. When I played them before, I couldn't believe how much detail and storylline was integrated into each mission. But here's the big part: Cryptic has almost never given notice to Foundry mission writers by showcasing "Missions of the Week", rankings, etc. I know Dstahl went over to Foundry operations but I haven't seen any changes since he has been there.

I know we are all screaming for more STFs and content in general. It's just that content is sitting right in front of our faces with the Foundry.

Any thoughts on what the state of the Foundry is?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-21-2012, 09:17 PM
You need to run Kineticimpulsers missions. you wont be dissapointed!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-21-2012, 09:21 PM
No additional changes/additions to the core functionality means no new 'mechanics' to use. So while there are ways to be creative(story wise) there's no way to revitalize the community to the system. It's gotten to the point that it's a floating dead boat, like PvP, FA's, etc etc.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-21-2012, 09:26 PM
To sum up the most recent info from the Podcast UGC interview, the only real new development of the Foundry is happening for Neverwinter, and STO will only get whatever new features are backwards compatible here after the fact.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-21-2012, 09:39 PM
The Foundry's status is still full of bugs. And honestly, I'm not sure where Cryptic puts it in their list of priorities, especially for STO.

My first Foundry mission, I've been working on since the Foundry launched and has been set back with the S4 and S5 bugs. And my first published mission for the UGC Contest is greatly broken because of the pop-up dialogue bugs.

So right now, you could probablly create some simple missions. But complicated ones will likely be bugged.