Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
I had recently encountered a bug with my Exploration Cruiser Retrofit, involving not being able to slot my BOFFS. So I figured, i'll decommision the ship, reclaim it, and maybe that will solve the problem.

After I do this, I am unable to reclaim my ship. I've been informed that this was apparently always the policy....I did not know this, and i'm not really sure HOW I was supposed to. There was no message that said it would be final and I wouldn't get it back.

So now, my ship is gone. This is a crap policy, and I have had my tickets go ignored. I have cancelled my sub over this. I have alot of issues with STO, but this is the straw that broke he camels back. I will resub if this issue is resolved.

Cryptic.......give me my ship back. That's a stupid policy, and you know it. Show some good faith and give it back, and honestly.....rethink the policy. I will remain unsubbed until there is a resolution. I'm not asking for much. I just want my ship back, that I earned in game, and only got rid of because of a bug. I don't want free stuff. I don't think i'm asking for anything irrational here. I made a mistake, I was unaware that it would be permanent, and I shouldn't be punished for not knowing every nuance of STO policy.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Can I have your stuff?

Ok, now that I've said that, time for the real reply. It makes sense to me that you can't reclaim it. Think about it this way. You buy a new car and decide you don't want your old car so you sell it. The next day you realize you liked your old car better so you go back to the dealer and ask for it back on the grounds that you already bought it once before.

Now, before you bring up that you can reclaim C-store bought ships, the reason for that is that you paid real money for it instead of EC (or dlithium) and the flak Cryptic would get would be crazy.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-28-2011, 04:22 PM
If you got the ship Via Token from Command, then you do not have the Option of getting it Replaced after you get rid of it. If you had Bought it from C-Store, that would be another issue.

If you had a problem of some sort with the ship, it might have been better to seek customer support prior to taking drastic action first.

Cryptic is responsible for many things, but not for mistakes we players make.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
You buy a new car and decide you don't want your old car so you sell it. The next day you realize you liked your old car better so you go back to the dealer and ask for it back on the grounds that you already bought it once before.
But that makes no sense in game. I just want the ship I already had back. I don't another token. It's not like i'm trying to scheme the system in some way.

What sense does it make to reward a token for a ship.....and then deny you to get that ship back.

Quote:
If you had a problem of some sort with the ship, it might have been better to seek customer support prior to taking drastic action first.
I didn't consider it to be a drastic action, though. I had no reason to believe I couldn't simply go back in and reclaim it. There is absolutely nothing in-game that indicates I won't be able to reclaim it. How exactly was I supposed to know? Before I take any action in the game, do I need to sift through the forums to figure out the nuances of Cryptic's policies?
Quote:
In this case, I feel they are at least partially to blame. Had a little tooltip popped up and said "You will not be able to reclaim this ship, do you really want to decommission?" I would not have done so. As it is, with the only way to acquire said ship is via the Cstore, and Cstore items being redeemable more than once.......logically, the ship should be able to reclaimed. I had no knowledge that tokens worked differently.

So it looks like i'm screwed out of my ship because Cryptic didn't feel like making sure players know what would happen.

Whatever. I guess i'll go give my money to TOR. I don't want to talk down about Cryptic too much yet....they could still make this right, but I really feel like i'm either going to be just flat out ignored, or given the "Too bad, Deal with it" line.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-29-2011, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmendel46 View Post
But that makes no sense in game. I just want the ship I already had back. I don't another token. It's not like i'm trying to scheme the system in some way.

What sense does it make to reward a token for a ship.....and then deny you to get that ship back.
It is simply that when you get the ship with a Token rather than C-Points, you are getting it for FREE, and not for Cash, or Cash Equivalent. If you get some Item for Free, then Through it away, the giver is not obligated to replace that item a second time.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-29-2011, 05:51 AM
I kinda agree with mmendel46 on this one. There are many times where I've seen Issues With ships and the standard advice has usually been to discard it and reclaim it.

Think about during the tribble testing for s5 alone. there were issues with broken ships during the console cutover for these ships and that was the main advice always given.

The VA ship token should create a character unlock for ships. we know they can make c-store purchases character base and not account base. The ship token should be a voucher that creates a character based purchased so that when we follow the common of trouble shooting that has been advised to use over and over then why should we get penalized.

What he was trying to do was save Cryptic time by trying to troubleshoot it himself. They should give him a new ship.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-29-2011, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_mc_1 View Post
What he was trying to do was save Cryptic time by trying to troubleshoot it himself. They should give him a new ship.
His option in that context would be to submit a request to customer service, not come to the forums to complain. Then it would be up to Cryptic whether or not they meet that request for the loss.

He made the choice to delete the ship, not Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-29-2011, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
Technically cryptic could use the same reasoning on c-store purchased ship and make people re-buy them too but they don't. Could you imagine the screaming that would happen. instead they have turned delete and reclaim a troubleshooting step. They don't say you can't reclaim token ships. I can see why though. it is a whole lot easier to convince people to buy the ship to get the fix you need instead. That is what you prefer right?
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-29-2011, 06:46 AM
Quote:
His option in that context would be to submit a request to customer service, not come to the forums to complain. Then it would be up to Cryptic whether or not they meet that request for the loss.

considering how often cryptic says its ok to discharge ships because you won't lose them and given the fact there is no disclaimer stating that you can't get a token ship back when you go to remove it, and given the fact that it IS a cstore ship to begin with, OP has a legitimate beef with cryptic over this issue.

Quote:
its not a players mistake if there is a disparity between purchased cstore ships and cstore ships obtained through a token and this isn't made clear to the player
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-29-2011, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher

I have done that, actually. I came onto the forums to complain because i'm not getting any response, and generally when people have issues the line is "Don't complain in game, take it to the forum".

Quote:
I kinda agree with mmendel46 on this one. There are many times where I've seen Issues With ships and the standard advice has usually been to discard it and reclaim it.
Thank you.