Lt. Commander
# 1 Foundry Confusion
01-22-2012, 07:19 AM
Yes, I know I posted this in The Academy by Mistake.

Basically I am making a map in the foundry and I was wondering if anyone know how to change the name of an object you interact with from 'Object' to, for example, 'U.S.S. Japan'

Any help here would be appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-22-2012, 08:19 PM
What object are you planning on using and how do you propose to interact with it. For example Interact with object will always show the title of Object. There may be some work around such as, using a trigger, npc contact, reach-marker or map placed popup.

Information needed.
MAP: Space, Ground, Interior?
TOOL: Interact with object, Reach marker etc...?
PLOT LINE: What do you want the player to do and see?
OBJECT: What object option are you using or what does it have to appear as?

Other than that, think out side the box, there are many ways to achieve the same goal. Good Luck
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-23-2012, 09:22 AM
Sorry, I wasn't clear on the information:

MAP: Space
TOOL: Interact with object,
PLOT LINE: I want them to see a ship name on the floating wreks like: U.S.S. Japan
OBJECT: The objects I am using are the debris Federation ship 1-5

Hope this helps with the reply!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-23-2012, 11:24 AM
You cannot manipulate that particular detail, the hull images are static and cannot be changed.. Now perhaps if we can get the foundry team to look at that.... *puppy dog eyes*
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castmodean View Post
You cannot manipulate that particular detail, the hull images are static and cannot be changed.. Now perhaps if we can get the foundry team to look at that.... *puppy dog eyes*
Oh no I mean not the names, but when I want them to go around and beam up the survivours, I want instead of it haveing an objective box around each one saying "Object" I would like ship names or even just "Wrek"
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-23-2012, 03:25 PM
There are some items that you cant really manipulate the names of as they appear in space. I know for example that an invisible object pretty much will always be object.

one thought is that you can place a npc contact in space and reskin the contact to a damaged skin, then you can manipulate its name and have a potential interactive conversation with the striken ship as well.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castmodean View Post
There are some items that you cant really manipulate the names of as they appear in space. I know for example that an invisible object pretty much will always be object.

one thought is that you can place a npc contact in space and reskin the contact to a damaged skin, then you can manipulate its name and have a potential interactive conversation with the striken ship as well.
That's what I was thinking. I don't suppose there is a really small costume for ships that you could use as a trigger, like the cups used on ground maps and interiors.