Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
This feedback is a lot more revelant than I first realized it was. Think about it. There's probably a 5-10% segment of the STO playerbase that's really into pets. I think it was in the Klingons can't kill on Risa anymore thread that somebody mentioned the need for more pet-related activities like a petting zoo on Risa. I want to add to that now. Why not making a whole petcare mini game for people who love and adore their STO pets? It would be like a tomagachi where your pet would have it's own levels, would have a chance to die if you didn't feed it, etc. You could have a play pen and feeding pen on your ship. What do you think about this?
Isn't the DOFF system pretty much a pet-care mini game already?
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
I haven't brought any. It has nothing to do with STO though. They're all playing this other game that just launched recently. Maybe later in the year? I don't know. The timing was just bad for STO. And a lot of them already played the game before, so are wary of returning to it.

Shouldn't he have worked toward that Jem'Hadar ship instead?

The least science oriented ship in the science line. That's certainly unique.
Yeah, the timing was bad, but at least STO has pretty good space combat. As for the jem'hadar ship, it's a travesty that you can't get it with a big one-time dilithum payment. At least Al rivera spilled the beans on it by telling us CBS didn't want everybody to be able to fly it around in STO.

Regarding your comment on the nebula class. Yeah, it is surprising, but I think most star-trek fans consider the nebula to be a science ship. That's certainly what I thought it was when I first came to STO. It's too bad Cryptic hasn't released tier 5 variants of the nebula that are more science and tactical oriented because I think a lot more people would fly them around if that were the case.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-22-2012, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Are you saying that they could easily convert it into a pet care system? I suppose it does already include some the mechanics and interface needed for a pet care system.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Except for how easy they are to come by after you've used the system for about 2 weeks. You don't actually have to care. It's when you login spam left click for about 2 mins until you assign everything then continue what you were doing, lol. The system touts a lot of depth, but the reward:time investment is marginal when you try to min-max it incomparison to not caring about whats going on.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-22-2012, 01:50 PM
I refuse to bring anyone into this game til there are changes to C-Store Prices/Policy and a significant increase in STORY CONTENT. (sorry for putting that in caps...but it seems some devs think adding a tinker toy in the C-Store equals content, so I thought I'd clarify how what many players think is content and what the bean counters call content is not the same)
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-22-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
I refuse to bring anyone into this game til there are changes to C-Store Prices/Policy and a significant increase in STORY CONTENT. (sorry for putting that in caps...but it seems some devs think adding a tinker toy in the C-Store equals content, so I thought I'd clarify how what many players think is content and what the bean counters call content is not the same)
Do you know anybody who has tried it out? What do they have to say about it? What do they like or dislike?
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Opposite actually. I been warding potential players away due to the current state of content and the way endgame turned into repeated STF grinding. However once, if ever those things are fixed I'd be happy to bring some friends into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-22-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
The ones I invited into STO have stopped already... As soon as they realized that most cool thing were C-Store, they were like "meh", and went back to other games.

Same here
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-22-2012, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONHART View Post

Same here
Please give more specific feedback as to why your friend have already left.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-22-2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
Please give more specific feedback as to why your friend have already left.
He did by quoting;

Quote:
The ones I invited into STO have stopped already... As soon as they realized that most cool thing were C-Store, they were like "meh", and went back to other games.
And saying it was the same...