Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Arrival at Goralis:

Get the water purifiers. *Check*
Travel to Goralis. *Check*
Talk to the Spoonhead, get threatened and wait for the fight...........I said wait for the fight! Hello? Where are the True Way ships I am supposed to fight?

This has been brought up before in 2010. I would rather no skip it as skipping a mission from a previous episode caused issues.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-22-2012, 05:11 PM
What mission?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-22-2012, 05:30 PM
It's okay, I was baffled to see the cluster torpedo getting it's cooldown put on but not being fired; that was there in closed beta build 1, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-22-2012, 05:37 PM
I have no idea what mission the OP is talking about, and the cluster torpedo wasn't added until the Breen FE, long after closed beta ended.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-22-2012, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainu
I have no idea what mission the OP is talking about, and the cluster torpedo wasn't added until the Breen FE, long after closed beta ended.
Actually the bug was there for normal torpedoes, and then recropped up when the clusters came out(should have been more clear about that). We did have a few month period where you could use any weapon and not have to worry about it though!
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-22-2012, 05:41 PM
as an ex WoW player, i can tell you that game had game breaking bugs that where still there 3-4 years later after it launched.

Even tho several of us reported it back in beta.
So ye, sometimes developers are'nt looking/caring about those things that is ruining the experiance for the players.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Or maybe the development costs to correct that one problem are better invested in something else. Like Maybe getting the KDF up to snuff. Or maybe the first officer to captain upgrade or any number of other things that will cover a larger area and give more players a better over all experiance

I found a bug in night of the comet. i would rather them do one of the above than actually take time to fix it. easier for me to restart mission.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-22-2012, 06:10 PM
The missions he might be talking about is called Seeds of Dissent - I think.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Depends on how annoying the bug is. If it is an exploit or some bug that affects everyone like not being able to exit ESD, then they will put in all their effort to fix it. If it is something that only affects a minority or is just a minor nuisance, then it can last for years before getting fixed. Also, some bugs are almost impossible to fix so a bug that takes a few weeks of work to fix might be put on a waiting list so bugs that are easier to fix or more important to fix are done first.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-22-2012, 07:16 PM
i've submitted a bug report for the fact that the space station for Chiron II in the romulan mission "Friend of my Enemy" is the K7 map, complete with a HUGE GREAT SIGN SAYING CLUB K7 that you cant miss as you approach the contact on the map..

i could fix that with foundry tools in 20 seconds.

been reporting that bug since beta... its still there. i leave little jokes in the bug reports now, sure they have a long long list of them from me on that exact subject so may as well make it a little less "ragey" and maybe funny.