Lt. Commander
# 1 Diplomatic Experience Change
12-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Is it just me or has the ability to become an ambassador rank jump from a months worth a game play to a year +? Before the max rank was a round 1360 exp with each mission granting 10exp. Now its in the neighborhood of 50,000 exp with each mission granting 10exp.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-26-2011, 12:19 AM
It's not really meant for YOU to be doing the missions anymore. Send your duty officers out for diplo missions. Since chapter 5 I had 30k xp to go for lvl4 and managed to get it yesterday. I'm also a leisure player. Sometimes I logged in just to acknowledge the completed missions and start up new ones.. The diplo missions you're used to are not worth the time and/or effort. Unless, of course, they rewrite them and give more xp.

Honestly, I was pretty PO'd when one day I merely had a few hundred xp to go to be ambassador, to wake up the next day and find that I had 30k to go.

Yeah, I was ticked off in a hardcore fashion. I bought a bunch of doffs for diplo and maxxed out whenever I could.

I knew it would go quick when 4 missions completed with critical successes all awarding 1500xp each. Yeah, 6k xp in one fell swoop.

If you continue doing the missions for the bittie 10 point rewards, then stay away from the first contact missions since they are bugged and can't be completed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-26-2011, 02:26 AM
I'm still getting used to the whole duty officer system. Is it really worth the time and effort?
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-26-2011, 02:40 AM
It isnt harder than before... Just diffrent.. Based on tribble expirience, you can max your DXP in a little less than 2 weeks, wich is about the same as grinding in the old system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzee77 View Post
I'm still getting used to the whole duty officer system. Is it really worth the time and effort?
Unlike most, I tend to see the DuOff a little more sceptical.

The system is a timesink, designed to keep people coming back. It's a glorified puzzle that never ends, and alllows you to get small rewards again and again.

The benefit comes into play, if you assign officers to your ship for enhancing ship and ground abilities. In that regard: If you have high end officers: Yes it it worth it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-26-2011, 08:18 AM
I have this issue with the DOff system as well. I recently rolled an Engineer Alt... He doesn't seem to have the capability to be a diplomat. Also, is there any real point to running the Diplomacy missions anymore? I did it on my VA forever ago, and it was grindy. Now you have to run nothing but Diplomacy DOFF assignments and the Diplomacy dailies for forever and three days to make ATTACHE, which now takes more Diplomacy XP than Ambassador EVER did. In short, FTP players and new characters all got hit with the Diplo-Nerf. NO BUENO.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-28-2011, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Ice
I have this issue with the DOff system as well. I recently rolled an Engineer Alt... He doesn't seem to have the capability to be a diplomat. Also, is there any real point to running the Diplomacy missions anymore? I did it on my VA forever ago, and it was grindy. Now you have to run nothing but Diplomacy DOFF assignments and the Diplomacy dailies for forever and three days to make ATTACHE, which now takes more Diplomacy XP than Ambassador EVER did. In short, FTP players and new characters all got hit with the Diplo-Nerf. NO BUENO.
I don't see it as a nerf. My wife is moving her toon up the Diplo ladder faster than I ever did with my toons. She's using the Doff system and my toons were Ambassadors before the Season 5 release.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-27-2012, 06:38 PM
Not to necro too much, but wouldn't it obey to reason that the meager 10 DXP per exploration mission gets scaled accordingly to the new diplomacy rank requisites? It makes the old Diplomacy missions irrelevant.