Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Hi, I thought someone here might be able to help me out here. I use Trillian/Pidgin to keep connected with friends when Im outside of the game, but the last couple of days it's been telling me that my password is incorrect, even though I know I'm entering it correctly. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix? Or did they just break the out of game support?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-22-2012, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaitiVoltaire View Post
Hi, I thought someone here might be able to help me out here. I use Trillian/Pidgin to keep connected with friends when Im outside of the game, but the last couple of days it's been telling me that my password is incorrect, even though I know I'm entering it correctly. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix? Or did they just break the out of game support?
It was posted in another thread that linking PWE to cryptic accounts breaks this feature. Stormshade posted on CO's forums that it is being worked on however.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-22-2012, 06:10 PM
So basically wanting to buy anything ever again breaks a game feature? Guess cryptic doesn't want my money that bad, but then again, I figured that one out when they made in-game purchases take you to a seperate website and have to click through three screens. Sigh.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-27-2012, 06:10 PM
Been a week now. Pidgin nor Trillian still dont work. What gives?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2012, 07:57 PM
I know how you feel. On Pidgin it says i'm not authorised yet, i'm entering the correct handle, domain, etc. Yet it keeps coming up with the same message. I don't even remember linking to an account though. So i'm a little ****ed off. Just wished someone would help me or give me a remedy.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Turnbull
I know how you feel. On Pidgin it says i'm not authorised yet, i'm entering the correct handle, domain, etc. Yet it keeps coming up with the same message. I don't even remember linking to an account though. So i'm a little ****ed off. Just wished someone would help me or give me a remedy.
This has been fixed. You have to use your PWE account login name and password (not PWE forum name, not Cryptic handle / Cryptic forum display name). It does not work with silver accounts, only gold. It is still the same settings otherwise as before the account merge. I personally think Silver players should be able to use this, certainly if they have made any purchases in the C-Store or paid a sub in the past.