Lt. Commander
# 11
01-22-2012, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
The cstore itself clearly says 5500 as the base. This is the base, and will always be the base, but it's affected by your level and skills.

While in space, hover over your ship's portrait (inside the four shield rings), and you should see what your hull actually is.
Ah, so it is yet another of the many many bugs in the game. After your advice, I went back and checked what you suggested and it was indeed higher, 13,120. And the funny thing, it now shows that figure in the ship's own specifications instead of 5500. And yes, I checked it before on the station and in space.

Surprising how this game has gone so long without Cryptic even attempting to fix simple bugs. It's like the pitch control key bindings being reversed and when I point it out, I'm told I can "fix" it by putting the wrong values into the key bindings. Well, duh, that's what I've been doing but shouldn't someone spend 30 seconds to fix such a simple and blatant error in the code? Let's see: Search the phrase "Pitch Up" replace "Up" with "Down". Search "Pitch Down" and replace "Down" with "Up". Bingo! Error solved!
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-22-2012, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairchilde
If I bought my biggest baddest ship pre-50 and it had scaling stats then I would wait till I hit 50.
If the stats did not match up after I reached the level cap, then I would go to the bug report forum and post there, and not clutter up the Fed Shipyard with a topic on the matter.
Only there's nothing in the description that says it scales, so I'd have no reason to assume it does.

I now think the answer is that the ship used to have a fixed hull of 12,925 and they changed it, made it scale with level, but never changed it in the game's description. And forgive me for not going somewhere else to look at the specifications, but if you're going to offer an in-game store that takes real money from people, then update the thing so it's accurate. What you're saying is like a brick-and-mortar store promoting an online product that is totally misrepresented and then telling the consumer "Well, you should have actually gone into the store and checked the specifications before buying."
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TE5LA View Post
Only there's nothing in the description that says it scales, so I'd have no reason to assume it does.

I now think the answer is that the ship used to have a fixed hull of 12,925 and they changed it, made it scale with level, but never changed it in the game's description. And forgive me for not going somewhere else to look at the specifications, but if you're going to offer an in-game store that takes real money from people, then update the thing so it's accurate. What you're saying is like a brick-and-mortar store promoting an online product that is totally misrepresented and then telling the consumer "Well, you should have actually gone into the store and checked the specifications before buying."
Well in-game hull value can vary for numerous reasons:

Matching a squad-leaders level will automatically boost your hull to the level of the squad leader.
Skill-based hull % modifiers.

I'd chalk up most of the hull inconsistencies to the fact that they just rehauled the skill system, and hull values were based on the base hull rate + skill modifiers, which were allocated differently than the current skill list.

But, you are right that their cstore crew should probably make sure the information listed in the store matches the in-game values, or at least lets you know that the hull value is base (and be accurate).

And again, this should probably be posted in a forum where something can be done about it, rather than the Shipyard.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-22-2012, 09:56 PM
People seem to be overlooking an obvious fact: Look at the other stats in the picture of the fighter's stats. Ships won't display their proper stats unless you're in a space map that isn't sector space.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-23-2012, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
People seem to be overlooking an obvious fact: Look at the other stats in the picture of the fighter's stats. Ships won't display their proper stats unless you're in a space map that isn't sector space.
It was the same in space. I said that. And that too should be corrected. It's a bug. Stats should be accurate regardless of where you are.

I think the stats don't update until you hover over the ship's icon, which I knew nothing about. I'm okay with it now but I have a hunch it was using the lower values in combat all the time. Maybe now it will perform better.

And I posted this in the Shipyard forum because I was talking about a ship. My bad!
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-23-2012, 08:18 AM
I wish they would do something to makee the fighters ACTUALLY viable. I'd love to find a reason to get one, but it is true, they pretty much are worthless.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-23-2012, 08:21 AM
Quote:
I wish they would do something to makee the fighters ACTUALLY viable. I'd love to find a reason to get one, but it is true, they pretty much are worthless.
There's a thread around here where someone was taking a Peregrine all the way to VA on elite. The Fighters aren't that much weaker then an NX - and I took an NX to VA on elite. I would imagine I could probably take a Peregrine to VA on normal; though it would take more time then I care to devote to the game right now. .
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-23-2012, 09:44 AM
Of course, you have to love the fact that a fighter launches yet a smaller fighter that does absolutely nothing besides wasting a device slot. That was a nice bonus [/sarcasm].
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-23-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TE5LA View Post
Of course, you have to love the fact that a fighter launches yet a smaller fighter that does absolutely nothing besides wasting a device slot. That was a nice bonus [/sarcasm].
Someone missed the point. The Fighter-pet is there to put on other ships. It's not there to be used on the Fighter. It's just like a Delta Flyer, which also comes with a Delta Flyer pet device you can put on other ships. That way on your main ship you can have a Peregrine pet - or Delta Flyer pet.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-23-2012, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Someone missed the point. The Fighter-pet is there to put on other ships. It's not there to be used on the Fighter. It's just like a Delta Flyer, which also comes with a Delta Flyer pet device you can put on other ships. That way on your main ship you can have a Peregrine pet - or Delta Flyer pet.
Still useless in my opinion, but each to their own