Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
I was doing several STF's with friends this weekend on Elite, and there's a couple of suggestions I would like to pass along.

Currently there is a 1 hour ban on the STF's if you leave them prematurely. I'm not opposed to this idea, however if you are in a group, and say 2 of the 5 people leave, it's then an issue for the other folks in the mission. It's not possible on Elite to complete the missions with just 3 people, so everyone is forced to take the 1 hour ban because 2 people decided to quit.

Sometimes if the teammate quits early enough in the match they are replaced, but if you are more than half way done it's few and far between that someone will join it. One thing I think will help this is if more than half of the group quits out, the remaining players don't suffer the lockout, simply because it's not possible to complete the mission. ie, if you start with a group of 5, and 2 or 3 people quit, the match just ends, or the remaining players can warp out without taking the 1 hour ban.

Anyway just a thought I had this weekend, that I had personally experienced. After doing an Infected space mission on elite we had 3 of the 5 people quit, and my other teammate and myself had to quit the match after waiting about 5 min since no one else was joining, thus suffering the 1 hour ban.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-23-2012, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahn View Post
I was doing several STF's with friends this weekend on Elite, and there's a couple of suggestions I would like to pass along.

Currently there is a 1 hour ban on the STF's if you leave them prematurely. I'm not opposed to this idea, however if you are in a group, and say 2 of the 5 people leave, it's then an issue for the other folks in the mission. It's not possible on Elite to complete the missions with just 3 people, so everyone is forced to take the 1 hour ban because 2 people decided to quit.

Sometimes if the teammate quits early enough in the match they are replaced, but if you are more than half way done it's few and far between that someone will join it. One thing I think will help this is if more than half of the group quits out, the remaining players don't suffer the lockout, simply because it's not possible to complete the mission. ie, if you start with a group of 5, and 2 or 3 people quit, the match just ends, or the remaining players can warp out without taking the 1 hour ban.

Anyway just a thought I had this weekend, that I had personally experienced. After doing an Infected space mission on elite we had 3 of the 5 people quit, and my other teammate and myself had to quit the match after waiting about 5 min since no one else was joining, thus suffering the 1 hour ban.
I'm not against the idea, but you actually CAN complete Elite STFs with just 3 people...
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-23-2012, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahn View Post

Doesn't this already happen? I had two leave Rebecca's chamber in Infected a few days back and despite trying we couldn't get past Rebecca (the other two had never run Infected ground before so we're struggling anyway) and decided to leave after a couple of attempts.
None of the three who left got a penalty as we all re queued and got back into the same(full) team right after leaving. It's not the first time this has happened either so I don't think it was unintentional for us to not get the penalty. I do always make a couple of attempts to finish if someone leaves though so maybe you have to remain behind for a while after someone leaves.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-23-2012, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Dracon_Darknight View Post
I'm not against the idea, but you actually CAN complete Elite STFs with just 3 people...
Hey Ive done that man....it sucks some serious wahookie...but possible....
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-23-2012, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castogere View Post
Hey Ive done that man....it sucks some serious wahookie...but possible....
It is in theory possible with just two people, takes a lot more time though.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-24-2012, 12:10 PM
Quote:
It is in theory possible with just two people, takes a lot more time though.
Infected is not possible with two players. KA might not be possible with two players, but that's more in the air. Cure, I'm genuinely not sure about. Two players would be very very rough, but might be theoretically possible.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-24-2012, 01:46 PM
There is no 1 hour penalty after the second person leaves. When there are only 3 left, there is no penalty for leaving (at least this is the way it is supposed to work). I've done this on Infected ground where 2 people left. I was then able to leave without a penalty.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-26-2012, 09:09 AM
i had this happen about 45 minutes before the server went down. simple solution, create a private match with the same user name and password everytime, so this way you have more stable control over who is in the team, if 1,2,or 3 leave they are penalized and not you, but now this gives you the chance to complete the mission (not the optional) have your remaining players hold off the hoard, just don't try advancing, hold your ground, now throw out the "feelers" in all known directions ie. fleet mates, friends, special chat channels (stf, pvp etc.) have them "join" you specific stf by looking for your name and tell them the password, problem solved, mission complete, no leaver penalty and now your newly invited allies will have 50% the mission but 100% of the rewards (minus the optional). thank you and have a wonder stfing time. you're friend within the klingon empire (as he stabs you in the back with a smile) Kaine.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-26-2012, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Not with an optional, which is why most people do the STF missions.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Optionals aside (they are pretty much impossible with <5 people), I argue that most elite STFs are NOT doable with 3 people.

KA space is possible, but very, very hard/lengthy since you need 2 ships on probes leaving just one to handle the cubes/gates. One guy could do double duty with probes and helping with gates but if they start dying too much the probes will get away.

KA ground is not really doable since you probably don't have enough DPS with just 2 people shooting at the node things. Maybe if you had to very high DPS characters you could do it but it's iffy at best.

Cure space is pretty much impossible because you don't have enough firepower in enough places to simultaneously take down cubes, and protect the Kang at the same time.

Cure ground is likely impossible because 3 people cannot cover the laser towers from borg mobs, take down the turrets, and move the laser along each tower all before the "progress bar" timer runs out. Not to mention Amrek although with the right team combo he can probably be killed with 2 people (2 sci/medics, one tanking the other healing)

Infected ground would be very challenging, but probably doable except the final room. Your team may not have enough survivability to take down Rebecca before you get overwhelmed by respawning borg mobs. This one is one of the more doable ones I think though.

Infected space is probably the only one that is reasonably doable with 3, and even then it's a stretch since you'd need 3 people with high DPS to be able to focus down the transformers in time before

Basically, in a PUG, any of the elite STFs are a lost cause once you get down to 3 people. Maybe, if you had just the right team composition and gear, some of them are doable, but by and large they're flat-out impossible with a team of 3 random characters, no matter how good the teamwork is.