Lt. Commander
Here's an idea to sound out for everyone's opinion, how about a Fifth (5th) Character trait for all Gold Subscription members? How about adding the "Efficient" Trait for all to use?
The kick? Once you revert back to Silver membership (F2P) status, you temporarily lose access to this 5th Trait, until you re-subscribe for Gold membership again!

This would entice more F2P players into Gold Subscriptions...

Machiavellian, no?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-23-2012, 12:02 PM
This treads a bit over the 'pay for power' line. (Not that this line hasn't been crossed so many times that it's been all but obliterated.) I can't say I'm entirely for it, but I do approve of ways to make subscriptions viable and desirable.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-23-2012, 12:04 PM
IMO, you should lose ALL Gold perks if you switch to silver.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-23-2012, 12:13 PM
They just nerfed it pretty heavily.

Now... My preference would be double drop percentages on C-Store grab bags and in-game loot bags as well as 480 dilithium ore for mission replays to give us more variety in how we collect our dilithium.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-23-2012, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by w0qj View Post
Here's an idea to sound out for everyone's opinion, how about a Fifth (5th) Character trait for all Gold Subscription members? How about adding the "Efficient" Trait for all to use?
The kick? Once you revert back to Silver membership (F2P) status, you temporarily lose access to this 5th Trait, until you re-subscribe for Gold membership again!

This would entice more F2P players into Gold Subscriptions...

Machiavellian, no?
You know what enticed me after 2 days to pay my $15?

This game is not broken (so far) as TORtanic has been, it also has a lot of little features I enjoy that TOR is missing.
Everything in the game seems to work and both space and ground combat are enjoyable.

I also tried Age of conan and (shocker) it has more features than TOR as well, so I might sub to that too.

STO has been amazing so far, but I am only level 22.