Lt. Commander
# 11
01-23-2012, 03:08 PM
what would be good is if they did a console like they did for transwarp that gives you the ability to travel in slipstream rather than warp
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Well with Retro Borg engines and Quantem Slip Stream, driver coil maxed out im hitting 29.90 Warp Speed. I dont know what diplo immunity would do to that.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Ok well just found out diplomacy does NOT increase your warp speed IF you have borg engine and max driver coil skills while in slipstream, max is 29.90 Warp Speed. Also found out that the one sector block in klingon space does not count towards the space race event.

Just managed just over 3 laps in space race event and made over a million credits Plus you get loads of doff system points invarious areas aswell. Well worth the points in driver coil when you can farm alot of points for doff system and make millions on credits a day in each event.

Me likes alot. Now I think im going to fit out a Delta Flyer with borg gear set and maybe reman shield just for doing the space race. It will be my space race ship.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-24-2012, 11:12 AM
The engine you are using doesn't matter when you're in Slipstream. I go the same speed whether I have the Borg engine equipped or not.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-24-2012, 11:18 AM
Since it only takes at the most, a minute and a half to cross any sector in the game...

I don't really see a point to going faster than is already available.

Between the DOff's and the Excelsior Console already cutting the Transwarp CD down to 4 minutes, there isn't any where in the game that one can't get to rather rapidly.

<shrug>
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-24-2012, 11:20 AM
As someone who's never bothered to put points in it, how much of a difference does Driver Coil make?
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-24-2012, 11:25 AM
NM ........
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-24-2012, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_Mudd
As someone who's never bothered to put points in it, how much of a difference does Driver Coil make?
With 9 points in Driver Coil, I go over warp 20 with just the Borg Engines. (Earlier, I *passed* someone in Slipstream going the same direction as me, while I was not in Slipstream yet.)
In Slipstream, regardless of what engine I use, I hit Warp 29.90.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Since it only takes at the most, a minute and a half to cross any sector in the game...

I don't really see a point to going faster than is already available.

Between the DOff's and the Excelsior Console already cutting the Transwarp CD down to 4 minutes, there isn't any where in the game that one can't get to rather rapidly.

<shrug>
If you want to make over 3 laps in space race making over a million in credits and loads of exp for doff stuff then you need driver coil skills, borg engine and slipstream. But I agree if your not interested in space race and I would not see why not, that much speed is not needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_Mudd
With Driver Coil Maxed, borg engines without slipstream im base 20.90 Warp Speed, with Slipstream im 29.90 Warp Speed.

It makes alot of difference to warp speed. The borg engines make the most difference though. I already had tank / damage maxed out and I like to make millions in credits a day in space race and farm doff points so made sense to point a low tier skill like driver coil on my list. Takes up hardly any points at all.