Lt. Commander
Hi,
I am concerned about how shield and shield stats work, in particular if is better having a highter shield power level or shield regeneration rate.
Actualy in my ship I have equiped the aegis set and using the following engenearing consoles set:

1 field generator
3 field emitters

The question is, better using that combination of engeenearing consoler or the following:

1 field generator
1 Shield Emitter Amplifier
2 field emitter

obviously, suppose I equip the better consoles.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-25-2012, 02:26 AM
You may find some of your answers in the sticky in this forum:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=155777

As for which stat is better, it depends on the ship you are using, your other abilities, playstyle, and what you intend to use it for. For the most part, use whatever you like the best. If it's for PVP, look around in the PVP forums, and if for STFs, look the forums for those, or the shipyard forums for existing threads.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-25-2012, 12:50 PM
For a Covariant Shield I would not bother with a Shield Emitter Amplifier. Covariant shields have Higher Capacity and Lower Regeneration rate. Covarient shields literally will take minutes to regenerate out of combat.

As an alternative to the Field Emitters, I suggest 2 corpies of Emergency Power to Shields (whatever versions you can get). EPtSs has 3 major benefits first is a minor shield heal, second is that is increases Shield Subsystem power which increases Shield Damage Resistance (Details in my guide), and third is added a Shield Damage Resistance buff which stacks with the base Shield Damage Resistance. You can run 2 EPtS back to back w/o any downtime.

2 EPtS would free up those Engineering Consoles slots for other consoles like Armor Consoles.