Lt. Commander
# 1 TOS Flavored Foundry Missions?
01-23-2012, 03:42 PM
One of our fleet mates are looking for TOS Flavored 'Ground Combat Only' Foundry Missions out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrincates
New to STO, my wife and I have started the normal campaign through Admiral Quinn together and have completed the 3rd mission 'Hide and Seek', but find the space combat a bit tedious .... Ground Combat missions are much more fun, so we are looking for the most TOS flavored ground combat missions in the foundry, but there are so many. We have tried a couple and they are pretty fun ... we think we're headed in the direction we want to go in ...

Has anyone got any suggestions for any TOS flavored, ground combat only missions from the foundry? - Thanks! - Darrin
Can I have some help out there from Foundry creators as well as people that have played lots of Foundry missions. This is a great guy that has made the game more fun for a lot of us through his enthusiasm.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-23-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm still waiting for Horta npc costumes to do my TOS mission. I wonder if you can still costume the old STO Gorn in foundry. Okay you have inspired me. Thank you. Haven't wanted to make a mission in a long time.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-23-2012, 05:05 PM
This guy is really worth it! He is SO happy with the game. Please let me know when you have come up with something

I will keep begging Cryptic to add some TOS tools and uniforms to the Foundry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivera
All in all, there do seem to be tool advancements coming down the pike, but the company representatives are reluctant to say exactly when those new features will be available to the STO team members so that they can inject those new features into the Foundry while keeping the tool stable.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-23-2012, 05:50 PM
SO here is what I'm working on. King Kong with Gorn. It will be a fun Holodeck mission with reference to previous series I did called The Fun House in which Gollos Vell Creates puzzel type holodeck missions in which you always check out when you return to ESD. But this time you have asked Gollos Vell to create a program based on a mythical Orion bedtime story. Where a Starfleet Captain set in the TOS error has to go and find an Orion princess/diplomat/chancellor. She has been taken by the leader of one of the three Gorn planets who has fallen in love with her. The gorn is of the more primitive species of Gorn and is at war with the other two factions. You must during a civil war, extract the Orion Princess and return her to her people. Lots of room for Orion and Gorn Cannon as well as folk lore. I just haven't really carved out the Gorn King Kong character as I want him to be the focal point of the story.

Thoughts? Happy for this to become a Collaborative effort.?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-23-2012, 09:06 PM
Sounds GREAT! ... We (wife & I) will take ANYTHING TOS flavored at this point .... we haven't found anything in the Foundry yet, but there is a lot to go through! ... Wife and I run 1st person all the time, and have our boffs / ground crew all TOS

http://www.mainecustomdesign.com/sto...8-03-03-39.jpg

and are looking for ground combat only TOS flavored missions to do together ... . use brains and shoot .... I am going into the mission making end of the foundry for first time right now to see if there is anything TOS looking to use to make missions ourselves .... desperate for TOS gameplay!
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-24-2012, 12:05 PM
we will find some for you!!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Bailey
we will find some for you!!
Hey, I got the links to the 3 you sent yesterday and we'll try those tonight! ... I also see the Foundry is BABY toys compared to the game editors Jessica and I have used in the past ... in minutes I was fighting TOS Klingons on a strange planet ..... we need a connie bridge to choose from the bridges ... they have a several, but they are all newer bridges ..... I'll dive in more later! - Thanks JB! - I'll be in touch later tonight!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-25-2012, 08:57 AM
If there is anyone out there that feels that they have played or created a TOS flavoured (Flavoured) Foundry Mission please let us know. We will be doing a tour of them all over the next few weeks. If not peppermint flavoured would do!
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-25-2012, 11:28 AM
That's TOS flavored "Ground Combat" missions ... we've found some pretty fun ones but they are short .... Now that I am finding my way in the foundry, I'm gonna make some KILLER TOS flavored missions!
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Can't wait to see what you come up with. I will still keep looking to see what is out there for you