Lt. Commander
# 21
02-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
Don't forget the Drozana Station assets, and the Guardian of Forever...
I knew about the G of F map ... and am saving it for a real special TOS flavored mission when I really know how to use the foundry to it's fullest ..... Glad you mentioned Drozana Station assets .... I did not know about them (or what they are) but I will look for them if they are TOS! .... and will use them for my next mission for sure! ... I just googled Drozana Station and saw the 1st image ... WOW wish I had used THAT map in my 1st mission! I'm gonna make something today just to see it! - looks GREAT! - thank you!

Any other real TOS looking enviroments to use in the foundry?
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrincates View Post
Any other real TOS looking enviroments to use in the foundry?
I still hope that they are planning on teh TOS upgrades to the Foundry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen D’Angelo
We’re already at work on the design of Season 6, which is being targeted for a June release.... We’re looking at doing some major upgrades on some key parts of the game. Foundry, PvP, and crafting are scheduled to get significant improvements, and there should also be some new features such as a fleet advancement system.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-07-2012, 05:36 AM
Interesting .... How long ago was that? ... I feel TOS has been almost forgotten about in STO .... It's tough to make a TOS experience in STO ... I have all my BOs as TOS cast, but you can't get too far with the Connie, you never actually use the bridge and BO's like in Bridge Commander (stupid waste of graphics time) ... and if you ask me ... there should be a choice of ESD ... You should be able to choose a TOS version of ESD, as well as K7 etc .... there should be a TOS alternative universe .... ALL TOS everywhere you look from the chairs to the transporters .... They have like 50 ESDs .. ONE could be all TOS couldn't it? Would that hurt? - You'de see it more than the TOS bridge that I payed $ for and never use or see ..... venting , Sorry! - LAterZ! - Darrin
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrincates View Post
You'de see it more than the TOS bridge that I payed $ for and never use or see ..... venting , Sorry! - LAterZ! - Darrin
One of the good things is that no matter what ship you have you can use the TOS bridge on. If you have the defiant you can beem onto your TOS bridge. I am sure that they will get there with the new upgrades but I don't think they will ever have a functional "bridge commander" bridge. Just DOFF and BOFF admin and things like that. I would like to see warping from the bridge with cool star effects. They could do that easily.

I think that the ship interior was just an add-on when people wanted to roleplay. They gave them the bridge, then the ship interior and then people wanted it functional. It was never meant to be a Bridge Commander setup. It is sad b/c I really think that works best for Star Trek
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-08-2012, 07:24 AM
Watched TOS last night and realized a LOT of what happens in a TOS episode/story happens on the ship! ... Hopefully they will open that up to us soon!

Jessica nad I are 1/2 way through the Klingon missions and all ready the Connie is getting too weak .... Sure wish they would do like you posted, and make them upgradeable, because I REALLY like seeing hers and mine when in space combat! ... But I now have the refit and it's faster and stronger .... we really just go through the space combat just to get to the ground combat which we wish there was more of, and not the other way around ..... Did you try my mission under new? it's called TOS the dog some Bones .... give it a try!

TTYL! - Darrin