Lt. Commander
On Tuesday, January 24th from 7:00AM to 9:00AM PST (1500 to 1700 UTC) we will be performing scheduled maintenance on the Cryptic Account system. During this time, you will not be able to create or manage Cryptic accounts. Players will not be able to log into the game; however, players already in the game should not be affected. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. We will also be performing scheduled maintenance on the Global Chat server. During this time some chat related services will be affected. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-23-2012, 10:38 PM
Why is the name of this thread "Scheduled Maintenance (January 23, 2012) " ?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthanz
Why is the name of this thread "Scheduled Maintenance (January 23, 2012) " ?
The system they use which posts here, and in other areas, uses the same date as when the thread/post/etc is being created. They know what day it is, and what day it's going to be hehe (well normally) it's just the software
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-24-2012, 01:55 AM
Notice that they have not said that they will be doing a Holodeck reboot this time. Hopefully that means that they do not feel the need to restart it for Tuesday.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-24-2012, 06:20 AM
*quote for the record*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
The patch this morning was to address database memory usage. The only user visible result of this is that we are not planning a maintenance for tomorrow morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
Oh grumble, they are doing maintenance on the Account server and Global Chat server tomorrow.

Just make sure you get in before the account server goes offline and you should be fine. :-)
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-24-2012, 08:19 AM
If the "scheduled maintenance" is not "emergency maintenance" and is indeed planned in advance on a schedule, can someone from Cryptic or Perfect World please put a link to the schedule in the startup window of the game?

If I had known about the scheduled maintenance yesterday I would have planned to login before the server went down. I'm going to miss out on a few hours of game play now (during which time I was actually going to buy stuff from the C-Store).

Making the maintenance schedule VERY public will help Cryptic and Perfect World keep more users happy and help generate more revenue.

Of course, making the schedule public only helps if:

A) You actually plan out the maintenance in advance.

B) You actually stick to the schedule.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-24-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CrypticOps
On Tuesday, January 24th from 7:00AM to 9:00AM PST (1500 to 1700 UTC) we will be performing scheduled maintenance on the Cryptic Account system. During this time, you will not be able to create or manage Cryptic accounts. Players will not be able to log into the game; however, players already in the game should not be affected. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. We will also be performing scheduled maintenance on the Global Chat server. During this time some chat related services will be affected. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.
Kicked me out - I was definitely affected, and now can't log back in.

edit: after making this post, I tried again and miraculously got back in. Now,
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-24-2012, 09:29 AM
We have completed the maintenance!
Closed Thread