Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 A 5% Chance of Tornados...
01-20-2012, 06:13 AM
It would appear the Q are targeting someone in Alabama again. We have a 5% chance of tornados today. Though not as bad as the 35% we had on April 27 last year, it is still enough to keep one eye to the sky.

Well, at least the bad weather is happening this week instead of next week....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-20-2012, 06:21 AM
Ah, so decent odds from the Tornado grab bag then?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-20-2012, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bort1980 View Post
Ah, so decent odds from the Tornado grab bag then?
Maybe better. But I think this is one prize I'd like to pass on. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-20-2012, 06:32 AM
I gotta say Bob, I love the signature

And I don't blame you... those grab bags never have decent items in them lol.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-20-2012, 06:33 AM
Fun times. The weather now is so peaceful. I had a tornado go a couple miles south of my house Tuesday morning. The emergency alert was going off on the tv telling me to kiss myself goodbye.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-20-2012, 07:32 AM
Yeah, you tend to get used to it after a while. This past April was a bit of an eye opener, though. Dealing with the odd tornado is one thing, dealing with five in the same area at the same time is something else.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-20-2012, 08:06 AM
Yeah early last spring we got a lot of false alarms in our area of Minneapolis, but...

May 22nd we were taken off guard...

Ooof.. That tree is a bit heavy....

And it took 7 months to get our roof fixed...

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-20-2012, 08:11 AM
What is the chance of meatballs?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-20-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Yeah, you tend to get used to it after a while. This past April was a bit of an eye opener, though. Dealing with the odd tornado is one thing, dealing with five in the same area at the same time is something else.
Yes, that was *not* fun. We've had more than our UN-fair share of tornadoes this past decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
What is the chance of meatballs?
Zero.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian_Phoenix76
Yeah early last spring we got a lot of false alarms in our area of Minneapolis, but...

May 22nd we were taken off guard...

Ooof.. That tree is a bit heavy....

And it took 7 months to get our roof fixed...

Amateur. That's not tornado damage, this is tornado damage.

Seriously though, hope no one got hurt. Our chance for severe weather should hold off until this evening. Right now it is still a little cool.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:09 PM.