Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-24-2012, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Would that be the pup in the cup ...

Doesn't he know where the restrooms are yet???

<snicker>
No, I was referring to my dog. His name was Zero.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-24-2012, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
General:
  • Added a Tip jar for the Foundry!
    • Now you can donate dilithium to your favorite Foundry authors.
That's a nice addition so that we may choose to show more appreciation to Foundry authors as we are able to. And if we can't afford it or don't want to, we don't have to.

Quote:
  • Updated star cluster maps to remove extraneous Vulcan statues.
Much appreciated. I hope that the maps where I was seeing the statues were generally debugged as well. These were older maps with strangely placed assets. Some console assets just had odd facing if our Captain needed to access them.

Quote:
Duty Officers:
  • Added replicable Hologram duty officers.
    • As you gain commendation tiers in the Medical, Military and Engineering commendation categories, you gain the ability to use your ship's replicator to manufacture holograms of three specializations at increasingly higher cost and quality.
That sounds like a nice feature!

Quote:
UI:
  • The scanning minigame stays now above the contact window and will not lose focus when another window comes up.
Glory be! That must have been a bear to nuke. Congratulations!
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-24-2012, 01:15 AM
The transwarp button was greyed out for my klingon character in normal and sector space maps

with dx11 on there are still lots of black areas on the floor. seemed even more than before. i have a radeon HD5770

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/x...4-09-04-55.jpg

this is not a recent issue but on that same pic, the klingon males with the honour guard set do not get the arm guards and bracers like the females. Can this issue be fixed soon? Its a truck load of work getting this things and its annoying when they are incomplete.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-24-2012, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
Improved all Phaser-Disruptor Hybrid beam arrays.
Updated all Electro-Plasma Cannons.

They are now Phaser-Disruptor Hybrid cannons.
They now apply both phaser and disruptor procs.

there were plasma-disrupter weapons, is that what you mean? dont forget about the polarized-tetryon hybrid weapons from the cardasian arc, they need this same pass.
I do like the idea that these special hybrid weapons can inflict the proc for either type. Now, does this mean a 2.5% chance of getting a proc at all, with 50% of the time it is Phaser proc and 50% of the time it is Disruptor proc, or is it separate 2.5% chance of Phaser and Disruptor, or what?
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-24-2012, 01:36 AM
Lot's of bugs getting squashed. Keep up the good work folks!
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-24-2012, 01:37 AM
Quote:
I know the whole 'no rest for the wicked' ( ) thing, but surely even dinosaurs need sleep?

One parting question, are those Dx11 fixes exclusive to nVidia cards?
Sadly I won't get to test for another 5 - 8 hrs so just asking....
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-24-2012, 01:46 AM
Quote:
I was going to hunt you down somewhere and tell you that they were finally here. But I figured you're probably stalking my release notes, so then I didn't.

Plus hunting people down is not really a thing I do.

Neither is leaving work before 11pm, apparently. The lights here are on a motion sensor, at least in my area. They all turned off. I got scared the first time it happened, thinking I must have been locked in. I sat in the dark for hours and hours, slightly afraid that I'd set off an alarm if I moved. I remember I was getting a first look at the updated Gorn models and the new First City. Then I got up to take the pup out and they came back on. They were so bright and burned my eyes after so long in the dark.

And now I'm rambling (maybe just a little) and perhaps oversharing. True story.
I never got to ask about the dog when STOked came to visit.

That's not a service dog or anything? They just let you bring your dog to work? Holey moley!

Maybe some folks are less understanding about this but Cryptic seems like an inhumanly, impossibly great place to work and I'm not even sure what kind of tribal voodoo Jack had to employ to maintain that through divestment, layoffs, and a sale.

If it is oversharing, that just means it's probably more of a Ten Forward thread topic and less of a patch notes thread topic. But I think I speak for a lot of us here when I say that's a cool story, you're the bee's knees in the eyes of most of us, and the community as a whole likes reading what you have to say. And that's just crazy.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-24-2012, 01:46 AM
Quote:
WAS? Is he okay?
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-24-2012, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I never got to ask about the dog when STOked came to visit.

That's not a service dog or anything? They just let you bring your dog to work? Holey moley!

Maybe some folks are less understanding about this but Cryptic seems like an inhumanly, impossibly great place to work and I'm not even sure what kind of tribal voodoo Jack had to employ to maintain that through divestment, layoffs, and a sale.

If it is oversharing, that just means it's probably more of a Ten Forward thread topic and less of a patch notes thread topic. But I think I speak for a lot of us here when I say that's a cool story, you're the bee's knees in the eyes of most of us, and the community as a whole likes reading what you have to say. And that's just crazy.
Said much better than I could type on my phone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
WAS? Is he okay?
I know how I am with my dog. Didn't want to mention that...
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-24-2012, 02:07 AM
hey Zeroo=),

when we other speakers like german or french expect new translations from sto?