Lt. Commander
# 11
01-24-2012, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoot2
Not if you intend to fill it internally. I meant pull as in pull from advertising the position as open.
Well, if they filled it internally, it means one of five things bar:

1) Dan's back. Either they folded Dan's position as Foundry Producer in (STO's next big update is Foundry) and they merged the positions.

2) Someone on the systems team took the position. They did just add a new systems job ad.

3) A position was eliminated on Neverwinter or Champions and the person in that position got shifted over. Not impossible as I'd imagine Neverwinter has had more staff than permanent positions and is going to shed members to other projects over the next six months.

4) There was a shuffle that involved someone taking two roles. Something like D'Angelo went back to CTO and also took over Zinc's job, freeing up Zinc for STO.

5) It's someone who wasn't at Cryptic a week ago.

I'd lean towards Dan being back or a brand new person. I think they saw how much Dan did for the game's PR over the last few months but would probably want him to keep a tighter lid on unfinished plans if he is back. Or it's a new person... Which doesn't mean BRAND NEW to Cryptic but someone who wasn't at Cryptic a few weeks ago. This could include Emmert pulling in an old associate like Matt Miller or maybe Travis BValdtree or someone over at Runic.

I do have a hunch that Cryptic will be partnering more with Runic as part of the PWE family if they haven't already and that could give them access to the classic Diablo/Blizzard North developers who are mostly at Runic. I suspect PW, having some of the top designers who created the ********, Starcraft, and Diablo brands working for them, might want to encourage some of them to fill vacancies at Cryptic, particularly on Neverwinter.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-24-2012, 04:57 AM
That Rob person over at CO sounds like he is a very recent graduate of the Stephen D'angelo School of Management. Crowing and going on and on about their accomplishments and not nearly enough about the future. And of course the obsession with systems.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-24-2012, 05:04 AM
Putting Stahl back in charge is taking a huge step backwards. Promises were made that were no way even close to being kept and so bringing him back onto this project in that capacity really only highlights how wrong those promises were.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-24-2012, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Putting Stahl back in charge is taking a huge step backwards. Promises were made that were no way even close to being kept and so bringing him back onto this project in that capacity really only highlights how wrong those promises were.
I'm not suggesting that it's a good idea ( though Dan is a nice fella ) but for a company that haemorrhages money like Cryptic does and for a job which I guess is 6 figures plus benefits ( I'm sure i'd take no less ) then it might simply be a matter of economics and the only way to fill the role without expanding the staff budget
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-24-2012, 05:13 AM
I wouldn't mind having Stahl back. I think he's better than D'Angelo. Think of it, it could be the Crusher/Pulaski situation of STO.

I really hope it is not Zinc. The direction the game was taken under him was crap (candy land sector space). A lot of the early changes to the game under Stahl were to fix the mess that Zinc left. I really, really hope it is not him.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-24-2012, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Matt Miller
Poopitron? Oh hell, I sure hope not!

Issue 13 and Issue 14 were ridicu-bad under his watch. Anyways I was playing not long ago and last I checked, he was the head honcho on the CoH team. So unless something has changed, I doubt it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-24-2012, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Songbird-
Poopitron? Oh hell, I sure hope not!

Issue 13 and Issue 14 were ridicu-bad under his watch. Anyways I was playing not long ago and last I checked, he was the head honcho on the CoH team. So unless something has changed, I doubt it.
I just meant that a position like that might be easier to fill with an outside hire that Emmert could headhunt away from a project elsewhere in the industry using existing connections.

Bringing in a Ghostcrawler or a Matt Miller or someone who already has a job as a producer might yield better results than sifting through the unemployed ones.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-24-2012, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I just meant that a position like that might be easier to fill with an outside hire that Emmert could headhunt away from a project elsewhere in the industry using existing connections.

Bringing in a Ghostcrawler or a Matt Miller or someone who already has a job as a producer might yield better results than sifting through the unemployed ones.
Matt Miller can sure fill a space alright lol.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-24-2012, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Songbird-

Issue 13 and Issue 14
wait a second....

aren't the "Issue" thingies the "Featured Episodes" of CO ?

how can it be that they have 14 and we still sit around at 3 waiting for Nr. 4 ?

i don't play CO ...are those "Issues" comparable in size and quality?
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-24-2012, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptBANG View Post
wait a second....

aren't the "Issue" thingies the "Featured Episodes" of CO ?

how can it be that they have 14 and we still sit around at 3 waiting for Nr. 4 ?

i don't play CO ...are those "Issues" comparable in size and quality?
Matt Miller is the guy who is equivalent to EP (last I checked) on City of Heroes, a game originally made by Cryptic, which is now produced by NCSoft by way of Paragon Studios. We are not referring to CO.