Lt. Commander
# 21
01-24-2012, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoot2
( though Dan is a nice fella )
He is indeed. And he took a lot of heat when he was in charge. But some of the statements he made, he made because that was the information he was given or because that was the statement he had to make. It's part of being in charge. But I just think that how contradictory those promises are in the face of the direction the game is currently going, it's just not a good plan.

He was a nice guy. He did some amazing things for the game. But in light of, for example, the comment that prices on the C-Store would go down not up and seeing that prices on the C-Store mostly went up ... I'm not sure bringing him back in that capacity would work too well.

He's got a lot of talent and can help the company in some capacity (hopefully the one he's working at right now). But to put him back in charge of STO just dredges up how little was able to get done at times during his run.

I like him well enough to not wish he were put back in a position where he'd be stressed out and forced to say PR type things that just didn't reflect the reality of what was actually going to happen.

Lt. Commander
# 22
01-24-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I wouldn't mind having Stahl back. I think he's better than D'Angelo. Think of it, it could be the Crusher/Pulaski situation of STO.

I really hope it is not Zinc. The direction the game was taken under him was crap (candy land sector space). A lot of the early changes to the game under Stahl were to fix the mess that Zinc left. I really, really hope it is not him.
As long as it's not D'Angelo is what I say.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-24-2012, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Songbird-
That last bit about a large, mysterious update taking lots of resources and requiring a lot of player feedback is somewhat ominous. "Dilithium" system for CO? I imagine it will be if PW has anything to say about it.
All the Champs players I know are reasonably happy with the way Champions is set up and Champions C-Store. And the handful I've spoken with on the subject, are quietly glad that STO's crazy economy is staying over here and is not over there.

I don't normally predict doom-n-gloom, but I think there might be more than a few Champs players who do not want any of this dilithium stuff in their game.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-24-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I wouldn't mind having Stahl back. I think he's better than D'Angelo. Think of it, it could be the Crusher/Pulaski situation of STO.

I really hope it is not Zinc. The direction the game was taken under him was crap (candy land sector space). A lot of the early changes to the game under Stahl were to fix the mess that Zinc left. I really, really hope it is not him.
I agree. I know things weren't perfect under Stahl, but I felt, and would feel, more confidant in this game's future with him in the captain's chair than our current EP.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Steve Parker Maybe... ex diablo 3
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-24-2012, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
All the Champs players I know are reasonably happy with the way Champions is set up and Champions C-Store. And the handful I've spoken with on the subject, are quietly glad that STO's crazy economy is staying over here and is not over there.

I don't normally predict doom-n-gloom, but I think there might be more than a few Champs players who do not want any of this dilithium stuff in their game.
What they want, and what they get, will be different. I'm betting they're getting the monetization treatment. Its a logical next step, however bad it may be, but come on, I for one, and I know I wasn't alone, didn't want money in EVERY aspect of the game, but it is now, isn't it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-24-2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
What they want, and what they get, will be different. I'm betting they're getting the monetization treatment. Its a logical next step, however bad it may be, but come on, I for one, and I know I wasn't alone, didn't want money in EVERY aspect of the game, but it is now, isn't it.
Oh, very true. PWE/Cryptic are businesses, and their business is making money. They couldn't give a mugato's horn as to what any percentage of players want. So it's probably safe to say that no matter what the Champs players want, they're going to get monetization. I was just observing that some of the Champs players may not want that and be unhappy with it.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
Oh, very true. PWE/Cryptic are businesses, and their business is making money. They couldn't give a mugato's horn as to what any percentage of players want. So it's probably safe to say that no matter what the Champs players want, they're going to get monetization. I was just observing that some of the Champs players may not want that and be unhappy with it.
I agree, and to be honest, this is just my SWAG, IF they do go through with that, Cryptic, and through them PWE will suffer as more and more folks walk away from them and their games. Personally I hope they DO NOT do it, and they back off the amount of it in STO. Once I started actively playing in CO I spent more cash on CO than STO, in fact, I spent 0 on STO and all my C point purchases on CO, along with the stipend. CO has it right in my mind, the universal "money",and a metric TON of fluff for purchase by C points. Yeah the G N L is everywhere but its gained everywhere as well and its the ONLY currency in the game, not all the crap we have now, the "simplified" currency we were promised, isn't, and at least to me, its actually more annoying and aggravating than the old set up.

Time will tell what happens, but I'd wager that if they do, Cryptic will suffer from the decision.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptBANG View Post
wait a second....

aren't the "Issue" thingies the "Featured Episodes" of CO ?

how can it be that they have 14 and we still sit around at 3 waiting for Nr. 4 ?

i don't play CO ...are those "Issues" comparable in size and quality?
Comparable, but many of them you have to purchase from the C-Store. ie: Demonflame.

So if you want to have all our new FEs go into the C-Store and have to be purchased, then we'd probably get more, but I'd prefer for that not to happen.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-24-2012, 11:52 AM
As for who the new EP is for STO, I have no idea. Personally? I hope it's someone we know *coughs*geko*coughsmore*zero*coughs* would be my first AP choices (to move up that is), as for everything else like people have said time will tell.

I've done a TON of digging (and I do mean ton hehe) on social sites seeing if anyone has leaked the fact they are EP, but nothing yet... they be sneaky folks now :p