Lt. Commander
OK, I know that you have removed the mission you had to do for 10 days in order to get a schematic to craft the Delta Flyer..... But did you also have to remove the way to craft it from those schematics? I know I'm not the only person here that has a schematic left. I did the stupid 10 days of missions and you have removed the only way for me to get my reward for doing those 10 days of missions.....

There can't be that many schematics out there so why can you just allow us to craft the Delta Flyer if we have the schematic? PLEASE!!!!!

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-24-2012, 04:10 AM
Not in this situation myself but it sounds like a joke to me, another Cryptic bend you over...

Be a different story if you had to use those mats for Cryptic to also get your subscription payments, from when the game was not F2P that is. Some people might think this is an overreaction but the fact is those mats were a part of their strategy to get players, well playing!

So psytce payed and played their system. Now he feels like a sucker because he gave them the money, spend time playing to get what he was told he would and he gets nothing out of it. So psytce right now has lost time he can never get back.

Cryptic owe you and other players in your situation psytce for sure. It was the same with the whole dilithium conversion thing. They didn't want people have too much dilithium and so not having as big an inventive to continue playing while still subscribing for the sake of getting stipend or further dilithium. If they give out too much, a player could cancel their sub for 2-3 months right?

They should automatically give everyone who has the mats in inventory a Delta Flyer, simple. Will they do it, will they make it a priority? Probably not they are too busy bending you over...
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-24-2012, 04:13 AM
that probably won't happen.

but i think Cryptic might be more open to adding it to the list of things you can turn in to the Ferengi collector for Latinum.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-24-2012, 04:42 AM
Can he get a Delta Flyer using Latinum? lol

The deal was he pays a subscription to play STO and STO offered mats for a specific item as part of that subscription.

Its a crime. Only game developers think they can get away with changing the terms. The subscription is paid and the players time is invaluable.

psytce don't shut up about the issue until someone grants the Delta to your account mate. You spent your money + time getting those materials, Cryptic are spending it and you don't have what you really wanted.

Crime
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-24-2012, 04:48 AM
They should bring the in game method of getting the delta flyer bk. There just being greedy.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-24-2012, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS-Tiberius
They should bring the in game method of getting the delta flyer bk. There just being greedy.
True. There would be nothing wrong with leaving it as it was, it means c-store not being the only method of getting it. Not in their interest now is it lol

However I do understand why they would remove it, they obviously won't use the approach again and it is kind of a complicated way to get the Delta. But once they added it and offered it they should have taking care of the removal properly. Cryptic should never have added the approach in the first place, I mean what were they going to do in STO create more items over the years that required their own individual mats and crafting having a list of items people can't craft without some serious grinding.

It was a stupid idea in the first place. But then...

To leave players with the mats in their accounts and not have giving the Delta weeks back.

It's bad, really bad.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-24-2012, 05:37 AM
My bank is full of these things. I doubt this is coming back. They should at least convert these into an object that, when used, will produce a holographic image of the delta flyer. Would be a great RP tool for engineers.

Oh well, at least I can add it to my list of souvenirs from the good old days. Right beside the un-namable Runabout and Federation Targ pup.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-24-2012, 06:28 AM
all i'm saying is it is common practice in STO to convert *throw me away*-items into Latinum.
it might be rather easy to get some Dev's attention to add the Delta Flyer schematic to that list.

they will not invest any expensive Dev Hours into creating a new holographic toy or anything you may come up with, only for a minority of players who *might* still have one of those in the bank,
(btw. you can get exactly those holographic toys for Latinum, just not a Delta Flyer AFAIK)

also then you have other players asking how to get that new holographic toy and therefore Cryptic needs to invest even more time to bring the Quest back, to get that item...

thats exactly the kind of chain reaction they will not touch.
oooor just add the new holographic toy to the Latinum Store so everyone else can access it too.

Also it doesn't matter what the deal was back then, because you did fail to use it back then.
The Deal has changed. The decision was made and all the whining in the world won't turn that decision around.

Personally i would like the quest+reward back too, i just don't see it happening.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-24-2012, 06:47 AM
Why did they remove the ability to craft the Delta Flyer?
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-24-2012, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
My bank is full of these things. I doubt this is coming back. They should at least convert these into an object that, when used, will produce a holographic image of the delta flyer. Would be a great RP tool for engineers.

Oh well, at least I can add it to my list of souvenirs from the good old days. Right beside the un-namable Runabout and Federation Targ pup.
Sounds cool but I still disagree. The conditions of play was to get those mats and once you have them you can easily craft the Delta Flyer.

What your suggesting is that it is ok for them to move the goal posts while the ball is still flying towards them! If the ball hits the post, you get a runner up prize.

Tell me what other business or service gets away with this? Developers and their bosses are ********, I should know I am them!