Lt. Commander
# 1 Explore vessel interiors?
01-24-2012, 04:11 AM
Please excuse the super-nubby questoin, I've been reading about the important stuff like consoles, game mechanics and crew. In the course of my research, a couple of things I've read have given me the impression that we are able to visit the bridges (and/or more?) of our ships? Is this true? If so, how is it done?

Thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-24-2012, 04:13 AM
Click on the down arrow button under your minimap. There is a 'visit the bridge' option in the drop down menu.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-24-2012, 04:13 AM
Small triange at the lower right hand side of the mini map open up a sub menu, contained within is a option to visit your ships bridge.

From the bridge you can use the turbolift at the back to vist the rest of the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-24-2012, 04:16 AM
Thanks v much indeed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-24-2012, 05:06 AM
A quick extension to this...ok I'm aware that this game isn't considered 100% canon, however, I was wondering if any of you properly crazy trekkies whom have studied the canonical ship layouts are able to confirm if the in game interior models are faithful, close, or not even close? Or if it varies by ship? Thanks again...
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-24-2012, 05:26 AM
The TOS interior on the C-Store is quite lovely and pretty faithful to the look of the show. The upcoming Defiant interior also looks quite nice. The galaxy-class bridge pack looks decent, but it's a bit oversized.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-24-2012, 06:45 AM
I personally believe that the ship bridges and corridors inside the ship are WAY too tall/big.
Corridors in any star trek are about 10-12 feet high....but in STO they seem like they're 20-30 feet!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-24-2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aashenfox
A quick extension to this...ok I'm aware that this game isn't considered 100% canon, however, I was wondering if any of you properly crazy trekkies whom have studied the canonical ship layouts are able to confirm if the in game interior models are faithful, close, or not even close? Or if it varies by ship? Thanks again...
The bridges mostly are, if a little large to allow for camera movement, with the exception of the TOS bridge, which is just about canonical. Individual rooms are mostly accurate. But layouts? Not one bit. =)
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-24-2012, 10:30 AM
Since you can also choose which interior layout you want from a limited selection (except for the Constitution Bridge, which is automatically linked with the rest of the Constitution interior), your question about whether it varies by ship or is accurate by ship can't really be answered, since that's chosen by you.

In the far future, one of the dev's ideas is to allow usage of Foundry-like tools to customize your own ship interior. (That isn't a guarantee it'll happen, but they've thought about it., and even if it does happen, I wouldn't expect it for a while. There's lots of other things that are higher priority.)