Lt. Commander
Guys,

I wanted to try the new DX 11 ... I opened the options, then I went to Troubleshoot and clicked on the Video Card drop-down and chose the DX 11 option ..... But ........ I'm not sure if it actually allowed me to make the switch because I cannot see if my choice is DX 11, the text is too long and the DX choice is at the end ....

I know what my video card is so why can't you put the DX choice first followed by the Video Card name .....

So Instead of seeing "Nvidia GeForce GTX 4......" you can see something like "(DX 11) Nvidia GeForc...."

At least I would know if I'm running DX 11......

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-24-2012, 06:08 AM
This maybe of some help to you, its an old post of mine but will show you what version of DX a game is using.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&postcount=186

I have tried it with STOL recently and it does show its is using DX11 when DX11 is selected, you are right that the drop down box is not clear enough, it need to have a check box so something.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-24-2012, 07:35 AM
Remember to do a restart of the game when switching dx versions.

About knowing if its dx11 well u probs would notice the graphical problems when you use dx11 like flickering etc.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterUK View Post
Remember to do a restart of the game when switching dx versions.

About knowing if its dx11 well u probs would notice the graphical problems when you use dx11 like flickering etc.
QFT, I have switched back to DX9 at the moment as the flickering was getting annoying, The latest patch notes for the test server mentions fixes so I may try it and see if its any better.