Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Corrupt Starfleet Admirals
01-24-2012, 10:20 AM
Ever noticed how many corrupt or at least morally ambiguous some admirals are in star trek. Considering Human are meant to be so enlighted at that point there sure are a lot of bad eggs at the top.

Admiral Satie tried to remove peoples freedoms by seeing traitors everywhere.

Colonel West and Admiral Cartwright both involved in the khitomer conspiracy in ST VI.

Admiral Pressman covered up the peagus incident. was believed to have co-conspirators

Admiral Leyton tried to declare martial law on earth and have the defiant destroyed.

Admiral Dougherty prepared to relocate 600 people against their will and have the enterprise destroyed.

Admiral Ross helped section 31 set up his romulan friend because her political views might prove dangerous later.

Admiral Janway changed history for the past couple of decades because it did not fit what she wanted.

Admiral Kennelly he was more duped than evil, but got had by the cardassians.

Admiral Jameson Sold weapons to a warlord and covered it up.

Admiral Nechayev helped sign away federation worlds and wanted forced relocation of some citizens .

any others I've missed? Now I know some of those do it for the greater good, but that does not make their choices any more right.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Admiral Kirk was a known Ship Thief, rampant Time Traveler, a ignorer of the Prime Directive
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-24-2012, 10:38 AM
Admiral Janeway went back only because too many people died on the way back home and commander chakotay is now head of Starfleet Intelligence. Admiral Pressman was under orders by not only the chief of security but also Starfleet intelligence not to speak about it. Admirals like the ones you mention usaully end up imprisioned or dead by movie or shows end.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFihaley View Post
chakotay.
it's "chocolate day" (S1 E3)

But Admiral Janeway was probably one of the worst. She even got promoted over Picard. Maybe she ordered the Doctor to wipe out the minds of Starfleet Command. It wouldn't surprise me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-24-2012, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTWinters
Admiral Kirk was a known Ship Thief, rampant Time Traveler, a ignorer of the Prime Directive
You could add the STIV charges too.
From Memory-Alpha Star Trk IV: The Votage Home: "He then lists the charges and specifications against the Enterprise crew: conspiracy, assault on Federation officers, theft of Federation property, starship Enterprise, sabotage of the USS Excelsior, willful destruction of Federation property, USS Enterprise, and disobeying direct orders of the Starfleet commander."

One might also argue That Kirk commisioned the creation of a weapon of mass destruction. The Genesis Device. Kirk is intelligent and tactically minded. I find it difficult to believe you wouldn't have realized the military applications of Genesis when Carol Marcus proposed it to him.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
You could add the STIV charges too.
From Memory-Alpha Star Trk IV: The Votage Home: "He then lists the charges and specifications against the Enterprise crew: conspiracy, assault on Federation officers, theft of Federation property, starship Enterprise, sabotage of the USS Excelsior, willful destruction of Federation property, USS Enterprise, and disobeying direct orders of the Starfleet commander."
I was trying to just stick with the big stuff, but your point is valid :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFihaley View Post
Admiral Janeway went back only because too many people died on the way back home and commander chakotay is now head of Starfleet Intelligence.
so because so many people died on the way home does that make it right? how many people died in the new time line that never died before because history is now different? how many people who lived were no longer born because of her changes. how many were born that never should have existed? how many people in the delta quadrant who's lives were touched by the crew of voyager in those other 16 years have had their lives altered?

if it was the crew alone that was affected you could argue it was the right thing to do, but everyone is affected in some small way.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-24-2012, 11:18 AM
In the novels, Dougherty was tapped as a member of Section 31; so was Ross, who was forced to retire after his role in the "resignation" of President Min Zife was discovered. Zife provided illegal weapons to the people of Tezwa, which precipitated a civil war, and a group of officers - including Ross and Nechayev - forced his resignation practically at gunpoint. He and the responsible advisors were simply called on to resign and "disappear" (witness protection and all that jazz); however, Ross was called by 31 to have Zife and his staffers executed instead, so Ross sat by as 31 agents killed the President. Some news reporter from Trill found out about it and threatened to leak it unless Ross was forced into retirement, and he agreed to do so.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-24-2012, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
so because so many people died on the way home does that make it right? how many people died in the new time line that never died before because history is now different? how many people who lived were no longer born because of her changes. how many were born that never should have existed? how many people in the delta quadrant who's lives were touched by the crew of voyager in those other 16 years have had their lives altered?

if it was the crew alone that was affected you could argue it was the right thing to do, but everyone is affected in some small way.
That's why Temporal Mechanics end up giving everyone a headache
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Just goes to show ya that even high-ranking officers are just people too when you peal back the layers ehh?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:48 AM.