Lt. Commander
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions about the ground set rebalancing, please post them here.

Patch notes for them are here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3942275
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-24-2012, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the feedback thread, Zero!

Reposting my ongoing list of changes here, for the purpose of consolidation...

------- ROUND 1 CHANGES ----------

MACO:
ARMOR
* Reduced Physical/Kinetic resists (from 100 to 38)
* Replaced "7.5% Plasma Resist" with "5% All Energy Resist"
* Replaced ".33 HP Regen" with "+45 Max HPs"
* Changed shield passive regen boost to fire every 1sec instead of every 4sec. Adjusted value per tick to 1/4 previous. This should work out to mostly be a cosmetic change.
* ADDED: Chance to trigger a group-wide Shield Heal whenever damage is taken. This effect can only be triggered once every several seconds.

SHIELD
* Regen bonus removed (had no impact on combat)
* Replaced "20% Plasma Resist" with "10% All Energy Resist"
* Added +25 Root and Knockback Resistance
* ADDED: Chance to trigger brief stun effect centered on you and your teammates, whenever you take damage. This effect can only be triggered once every several seconds.

WEAPON
* Primary Fire changed to a bolt/beam hybrid (awaiting FX update). Will now fire a single pulse instead of 3.
* Special Knockback Proc now has a scaling % chance to land, based on the mark of the weapon.

2-PIECE
* Slightly increased amount of Shield Heal
* Should also clear Borg Shield Neutralizer debuff
* Set Bonus now scales with mark
* Increased recharge timer to 45 sec

3-PIECE
* Unchanged.

OMEGA:
ARMOR
* Increased Energy Resistance (to 38)
* Removed resistance boosts to Disruptor and Phaser damage (included in all energy resist)
* ADDED: Chance to trigger a group-wide Damage Boost whenever damage is taken. This buff can only be triggered once every several seconds.

SHIELD
* Added +25% Dodge Chance (extra chance to completely negate incoming damage)
* ADDED: Chance to trigger a group-wide Damage Boost whenever damage is taken. This buff can only be triggered once every several seconds.(redundant with armor boost - may change)

WEAPON
* Added a scaling proc to all 3 marks: Mk X, XI and XII have a 5%, 10% and 15% chance to proc a 2sec, 3sec and 4sec Immobilize effect, respectively.
* ADAPTATION issue is still under critical review. This weapon is far less desirable due to the Borgs' ability to adapt more quickly to it than either of the other set weapons. We are pursuing a long-term fix for this.

2-PIECE
* Bonus reworked:
- Removed "Ambush" bonus from leaving Stealth
- Defensive Bonus now scales with Mk (60, 80, 100)
- Stealth value now far less effective
- Increased recharge timer to 45 seconds

This set bonus was never intended to give an unbalanced edge in PvP and was intended to primarily be used as a defensive measure in PvE content. By reducing the effectiveness of the Stealth bonus, you can still use this ability to shed aggro and resist incoming damage, but not to sneak up on enemy players without chance of being discovered.

3-PIECE
* Unchanged.

KLINGON HONOR GUARD:
ARMOR
* Increased Energy Resistance (to 38)
* Replaced "Adrenal Stimulator" with passive HP Regen (should be more reliable survivability)
* ADDED: Chance to trigger a group-wide HP Heal whenever damage is taken. This effect can only fire once every several seconds.

SHIELD
* Increased capacity significantly.
* Removed "20% Plasma Resist"
* ADDED: Chance to trigger a group-wide Retaliation buff whenever damage is taken. This buff will damage attackers when you or your team takes damage - the stronger the incoming attack, the larger the retaliation. The buff has two charges when applied, and can only be applied once every several seconds.

WEAPON
* Added a Kinetic/Physical and Knockback Buff to this weapon. (Does not display on tooltip at this time, but it makes your Rifle Butt more effective - it does have blades on it, after all.)

2-PIECE
* Increased magnitude of HP heal and changed to apply over 8 ticks for 4 seconds (.5sec apart)
* Increased recharge timer to 45 seconds

3-PIECE
* Unchanged.

------- ROUND 2 CHANGES ----------

ALL SETS -- Fixed discrepancies between Mk X, XI and XII for all sets. All bonuses should be uniform across all Mk versions of these items, aside from scaling.

MACO
ARMOR --
* Increased Physical/Kinetic/Energy Resistance: Mk X 55 / Mk XI 59 / Mk XII 64
* Removed "All Damage Resistance" mod (rolled into above increase)
* Increased HP boost from 45 to 55
TO DO: Rebuild Trigger so that tooltip is easier to understand.(functionality shouldn't change much, if at all)

SHIELD --
TO DO: Rebuild Trigger effects. Functionality will be altered to improve groupwide bonuses.
TO DO: Rebuild Trigger so that tooltip is easier to understand.

WEAPON --
* Increased base weapon damage of Primary Fire by 5%
* FX of Primary Fire have been updated to match Beam/Bolt hybrid mechanics.

OMEGA
ARMOR --
TO DO: Rebuild Trigger so that tooltip is easier to understand.(functionality shouldn't change much, if at all)

SHIELD --
* Rebuilt Shield Proc: New effect has a chance to add a buff to all teammates that will Expose the next person that attacks them.
TO DO: Rebuild Trigger effects. Functionality will be altered to improve groupwide bonuses.

WEAPON --
TO DO: Continue review of Adaptation mechanics to ensure viability of rapid fire weaponry vs. Borg.

KHG
ARMOR --

SHIELD --

WEAPON --
TO DO: Continue review of damage output of secondary fire to ensure properly balanced with comparable weaponry.

-------------

A third round of tweaks is inbound shortly, and I'll be posting them here when they are sent ready to be sent to Tribble.

Keep your feedback coming!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Hey J-Man, glad to see someone is working on this stuff. I am confused about the logic of removing the plasma resist from the shield though.

I see that overall these sets are now 'better' but they seem to be less focussed on 'fighting the borg'. I don;t quite follow the logic of that. I don't really udnerstand why at least one of these sets is not just 'borg nuts' with a huge focus on withstanding Borg attacks and just plain rubbish at everything else.

The particular concern is that I feel I can get better overall borg fighting gaer by mixing up other sets - with one very substantial exception. The Integrated remodulation they provide makes them almost essential. Not only is it fsater, it frees up an all too critical device slot.

I like the fact that I need to collect different gera for different circs; and beg that these sets focus more heavily and directly at fightng the borg rather than just being 'better' than other gear.

Finally, any chance of making the whole business a bit more flexible? Perhaps adding a device, sidearm or even melee weapon to the set that allows us to mix things up a bit. I feel a great strength of characterisation is making choices. Choosing a two 'half-sets' or alternative items alongside a half set gives diversity. Sadly I feel I just cannot live without the 3-piece bonuses on these.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Hey Bort-man,

Do you spy with your little eye the chance / possibility that we might get some ground kits to go with these sets, a few S.O.T.O. Kits of sorts?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola_Tesla
Hey Bort-man,

Do you spy with your little eye the chance / possibility that we might get some ground kits to go with these sets, a few S.O.T.O. Kits of sorts?
I'd love to see some new kits, but I have a feeling we won't be seeing any of those until geko changes the way kits work currently
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-24-2012, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
I'd love to see some new kits, but I have a feeling we won't be seeing any of those until geko changes the way kits work currently
This is correct.

There are plans on the drawing board to transition to a modular design for Kits at some point in the future. Until that point, we're hesitant to make any big changes to the way Kits currently work (selection of individual powers, combos of powers, etc.)
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-24-2012, 03:13 PM
I was able to get on tribble a little last night and the maco ground weapon showed as still being a 3 bolt weapon but now with a surprising dps reduction. Was it intended to reduce the dps on the maco rifle by 13?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-24-2012, 03:28 PM
The changes above have now landed on Tribble, and I've begun tabulating some of the hands-on experience of players that've been trying them out.

I'll be getting these items added to a vendor at DS9 to be claimed on Tribble in the very near future.

--------- ROUND 3 -----------

ALL SETS - 3pc Bonus "Integral Frequency Modulator" has had its cooldown timer reduced from 15s to 10s.

MACO
ARMOR --
* Increased Phys/Kinetic resistance to Mk X 75 / Mk XI 81 / Mk XII 87
* Trigger effect rebuilt. Tooltip now more clearly indicates effects of trigger.
* Doubled magnitude of Triggered Shield Heal.
* Altered max frequency of trigger to 1x per 6sec (previously had a number of charges over a longer duration)

SHIELD --
* Trigger effect rebuilt. Tooltip now more clearly indicates effects of trigger.
* Reduced chance of Trigger to 5%
* Effect can now trigger once every 8 seconds, max.

WEAPON --
* Primary Fire's 5% damage increase is for real now, I promise.

2-PIECE --
* Changed instant shield heal to fast regen over 5 seconds.

OMEGA
ARMOR --
* Added 2.5% Crit Chance and 20% Crit Severity passive modifiers
* Altered max frequency of trigger to 1x per 6sec (previously had a number of charges over a longer duration)
* Fixed bug in Trigger effect that would allow the buff to be always active once triggered. Now only affects your next attack.

SHIELD --
* Reduced duration of Expose-Retaliation buff to 5 seconds.
* Limited Expose effect to a single target, per trigger.

WEAPON --
* No changes in this batch. Still reviewing Adaptation mechanics.

2-PIECE --
* Removed the "Sneak" stance from this power, to address an animation issue with firing your weapon while under the effect.

KLINGON HONOR GUARD
ARMOR --
* Increased Phys/Kinetic resistance to Mk X 75 / Mk XI 81 / Mk XII 87
* Doubled magnitude of Triggered Hitpoint Heal.

SHIELD --
* Reduced duration of Damage-Retaliation buff to 5 seconds.
* Limited Reflect effect to a single target, per trigger.

WEAPON --
* No changes in this batch. Still reviewing Secondary Fire to analyze overall balance.

2-PIECE --
* Increased the heal-per-tick, and total duration.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-24-2012, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic

MACO
ARMOR --

2-PIECE --
* Changed instant shield heal to fast regen over 5 seconds.
Obviously I haven't tested it yet but with the pace of ground combat 5 seconds is a really long time especially when some Borg attacks are strong enough clear out a full shield in one shot without any shield draining debuffs. We need that good instant heal so the next attack isn't lights out every time.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-24-2012, 04:31 PM
Both the Shield and HP heals will heal you for ~120% of your total over the duration, allowing you to regenerate a good amount even while under fire.

The intent of making these over-time effects, is to encourage that they be used during combat as a preventative measure, instead of a responsive measure.