Lt. Commander
# 11
01-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
Both the Shield and HP heals will heal you for ~120% of your total over the duration, allowing you to regenerate a good amount even while under fire.

The intent of making these over-time effects, is to encourage that they be used during combat as a preventative measure, instead of a responsive measure.
Does the MACO 2 Piece power still grant Shield DR?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-24-2012, 05:48 PM
OMEGA:

WEAPON
* Added a scaling proc to all 3 marks: Mk X, XI and XII have a 5%, 10% and 15% chance to proc a 2sec, 3sec and 4sec Immobilize effect, respectively.
* ADAPTATION issue is still under critical review. This weapon is far less desirable due to the Borgs' ability to adapt more quickly to it than either of the other set weapons. We are pursuing a long-term fix for this.

------- ROUND 2 CHANGES ----------

WEAPON --
* Increased base weapon damage of Primary Fire by 5%
TO DO: Continue review of Adaptation mechanics to ensure viability of rapid fire weaponry vs. Borg.[/indent]
-------------

A third round of tweaks is inbound shortly, and I'll be posting them here when they are sent ready to be sent to Tribble.

Keep your feedback coming![/quote]

I put forth the following , it is not the mechanics of Adaption that is the problem , it is the + 15 kinetic damage against Borg NPC's that is the problem .

The fix would be quite simple , for all opponets that have the Adaption mechanic in their code , to them the kineitc damge is +45 .

No other NPC has the Adaption mechanic, and certainly no Player does, as such PvP is .. uneffected.

The problem with the KHG weapon is that the grenade launcher shares cool down with the grenades in a tac officers kit, as well as any grenades that are drop rewards, or mission rewards.

The next problem to addressed , is Assimulation .
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Does the MACO 2 Piece power still grant Shield DR?
Yes.

Unless something has specifically been mentioned in the changes listed above, they should not have been altered.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-24-2012, 06:32 PM
the honor guard set wont show on my gorn at DS9's tailor, it just says uniform and omega force.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-24-2012, 07:19 PM
Quote:
ALL SETS - 3pc Bonus "Integral Frequency Modulator" has had its cooldown timer reduced from 15s to 10s.[/indent]
Much needed, hope this makes it live!
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Quote:

WEAPON
* Primary Fire changed to a bolt/beam hybrid (awaiting FX update). Will now fire a single pulse instead of 3.
I cannot test anymore since i converted to F2P(so no more real testing for me) but will the DPS be rebalanced with the 3 burst shots changing to a single shot possibly raising the damage per shot.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Tested both MK X ground sets at Otha on Klingon Engineer tonight. Can't see how anyone would want to use the Omega Set in any scenario vs the Borg. Due to the rapid fire sequencing of the weapon, the Borg adapt way too quickly for the set to be useful against the Borg - despite the remodulator. I would frequently find myself waiting to remodulate, where with the KHG set I would be able to complete a kill, remodulate, and get into a battle rhythm.

The KHG set feels right, where the Omega set is 2 shots and wait.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-24-2012, 08:24 PM
I see the Omega armour lost its +5% buff to energy damage and the KHG armour has lost its +10% buff to physical damage. Having a klink sci means I get to dance with Armek quite often. The loss of the melee damage buff while not huge will hurt, it might be offset by the increased protection so I guess time will tell.

Might I sugest making Adrenal Booster give a slightly lower melee damage boost but make it last a worth while amount of time now that you have changed the heal and cooldown. At present 40% for 5 seconds is barely noticeable, one or two hits with a bat'leth if I dont get knocked back first and loose it.

While I have not really tested the Honour Guard Pulsewave on a tac officer yet and therefor not seen the boost to its grenades through the new skills, I would appreciate restraint in making any vast changes to it. The secondry presently has a longer cool down than "normal" pulswaves and it puts all other grenades on cooldown.

If youre set on messing with the best part of this weapon, could it be unlinked from the grenade skill boost if thats where any "excesive" damage issues lay?
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-25-2012, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksided View Post
Tested both MK X ground sets at Otha on Klingon Engineer tonight. Can't see how anyone would want to use the Omega Set in any scenario vs the Borg. Due to the rapid fire sequencing of the weapon, the Borg adapt way too quickly for the set to be useful against the Borg - despite the remodulator. I would frequently find myself waiting to remodulate, where with the KHG set I would be able to complete a kill, remodulate, and get into a battle rhythm.

The KHG set feels right, where the Omega set is 2 shots and wait.
I'm starting to like Omega more and more but only on my Tac, I just can't make it work for me with my Sci where I feel MACO is king.
The weapon I do find to be useful occasionally but it definitely needs looking at.
It's strange because the whole set looks and feels like a modern Special Forces set, 25th Century style and the weapon reminds me of a futuristic MP5 yet it has a full auto mode as secondary. I'd like it a lot more if the bolt damage was increased but reduced in number so instead of a 3 round burst/ full auto AoE fire like it has currently it's a single shot/ 3 round burst weapon to a single target.
It's not a perfect solution but an automatic weapon is always going to be hurting against the Borg but if it can actually deal single target damage it'll become much better as currently the AoE is what hurts it most; it fires so many bolts at so many targets that the Borg adapt to it before it gets chance to damage any of them. It would also help the squishy Tacs by not drawing a lot of aggro to them with AoE fire.

I'll get on Tribble and try these out tonight as I've only used them on Holodeck thus far and really want to see what the changes are like. They're looking like substantial buffs so far so I doubt there'll be too many complaints from me.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-25-2012, 12:21 PM
This quiestion might come off as me sounding like an arse but it needs to be asked, again. When are we going to get some original new gear instead of nerfing things down the line to make this bland stuff look better than it really is?