Lt. Commander
# 51
02-01-2012, 03:21 PM
.. Yes, quitte clear as to the why .

Now , how do you propose to fix it ?

If all you have is " it's broke, fix it " , then you have Abdicated Your Responciblities as a Tester.
It has been my experence that such people rapidly find themselves on the ignore list.

I have given possible methods of fixing the problem ,without overly changing the either the weapon or the Borg. I have given a possible solution to this particular problem with the Omega weapon , so that

One , it is easy to implement

Two , does not overly change the basic profile of the weapon

Three , makes the Omega set just as usefull , and therefore as wanted as the other sets

Four , requires No adjustment to the Adaptation Mechanic of the Borg

Five , does not change PvP in any way

Six , would not overly change the balance of game play
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfHat
.. Yes, quitte clear as to the why .

Now , how do you propose to fix it ?

If all you have is " it's broke, fix it " , then you have Abdicated Your Responciblities as a Tester.
It has been my experence that such people rapidly find themselves on the ignore list.

I have given possible methods of fixing the problem ,without overly changing the either the weapon or the Borg. I have given a possible solution to this particular problem with the Omega weapon , so that

One , it is easy to implement

Two , does not overly change the basic profile of the weapon

Three , makes the Omega set just as usefull , and therefore as wanted as the other sets

Four , requires No adjustment to the Adaptation Mechanic of the Borg

Five , does not change PvP in any way

Six , would not overly change the balance of game play
Put me on ignore, I don't care.

Increasing the amount of Kinetic Damage won't fix the Omega rifle, unless it goes completely Kinetic and suffers all the drawbacks of that damage type; increasing the bonus damage won't make it any better because the problem will remain. As soon as the Borg adapt (and they will rapidly adapt) the only damage being dealt will be the bonus damage, now which is better; 45 Kinetic damage or 66 Antiproton Damage? I know which is better and it's not 45 Kinetic damage.
This is what I'm trying to get across to you. Your suggestion to increase the bonus damage doesn't fix it but what Cryptic are currently doing will (hopefully). It's better to fix the problem than to cover it up by making the weapon even more powerful when it's not adapted to.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-03-2012, 05:29 AM
I spent last night running STFs with the Omega set on my Sci, I prefer MACO for my Sci but wanted to try the changes and see how well the Omega set works now.
The changes to Adaptation seem to be working quite well. The Omega weapon is still weaker than the MACO rifle due to its rapid fire modes but it's much better than it was and unless you have three NPCs in it's AoE then it can get a full secondary volley off without them adapting to it. The damage seems to be pretty good too, it seems weak against shields but that may just be my perception rather than accurate;it did an impressive job of tearing the Borg up when the shields were gone though.

Not related to the sets but it is to the changes to adaptation; the Split Beam Rifle and Wide Beam Pistol are much better now, whereas getting a mob of NPCs with the wide beam would have them all virtually instantly adapted to that energy type the latest patch really helped the Wide Beam against grouped targets and despite hitting 5 targets all at once it was still easy to get it to go the full 10 seconds (combined with the omega rifle) between re-modulations.
The Split Beam was also much better, it used to be that hitting three targets with the secondary would have them rapidly adapted to but it seemed much better and again I was able to not use the standard remodulator during an Elite KA and Infected run.
I didn't try any other weapons (just a Phaser Sniper, MACO Sniper, Omega carbine, Wide Beam and Split Beam). The single bolt weapons seemed to behave no differently but the AoE or multi target weapons definitely seemed to perform better against grouped targets.

EDIT: Not related to the adaptation changes but the 2 piece Omega bonus is very weak, NPCs can spot and attack you at 30 metres. Whilst running KA ground today an Elite Tac drone was following me around at 30 metres with the cloak active, I don't expect to be able to walk right up to them but 30 metres and not breaking aggro makes it all but useless. It's also not particularly effective against Rebecca, Armek or any other NPC that you might be trying to break aggro on either.
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militis View Post
I spent last night running STFs with the Omega set on my Sci, I prefer MACO for my Sci but wanted to try the changes and see how well the Omega set works now.
The changes to Adaptation seem to be working quite well. The Omega weapon is still weaker than the MACO rifle due to its rapid fire modes but it's much better than it was and unless you have three NPCs in it's AoE then it can get a full secondary volley off without them adapting to it. The damage seems to be pretty good too, it seems weak against shields but that may just be my perception rather than accurate;it did an impressive job of tearing the Borg up when the shields were gone though.

Not related to the sets but it is to the changes to adaptation; the Split Beam Rifle and Wide Beam Pistol are much better now, whereas getting a mob of NPCs with the wide beam would have them all virtually instantly adapted to that energy type the latest patch really helped the Wide Beam against grouped targets and despite hitting 5 targets all at once it was still easy to get it to go the full 10 seconds (combined with the omega rifle) between re-modulations.
The Split Beam was also much better, it used to be that hitting three targets with the secondary would have them rapidly adapted to but it seemed much better and again I was able to not use the standard remodulator during an Elite KA and Infected run.
I didn't try any other weapons (just a Phaser Sniper, MACO Sniper, Omega carbine, Wide Beam and Split Beam). The single bolt weapons seemed to behave no differently but the AoE or multi target weapons definitely seemed to perform better against grouped targets.

EDIT: Not related to the adaptation changes but the 2 piece Omega bonus is very weak, NPCs can spot and attack you at 30 metres. Whilst running KA ground today an Elite Tac drone was following me around at 30 metres with the cloak active, I don't expect to be able to walk right up to them but 30 metres and not breaking aggro makes it all but useless. It's also not particularly effective against Rebecca, Armek or any other NPC that you might be trying to break aggro on either.
Then I applaude the dev team at Cryptic for producing a solution that adressed the problem with the Omega weapon. The posible solution I posted in ths thread ,was only a Suggested solution . In no way ,did I belive that Cryptic would Actualy Use it. I was simply exersizing due dilligence as a tester.
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Not sure what they did to the Guns, but the MACO Rifle and the Omega Carbine doesn't do anything to the Borg anymore. I'm better off with [Borg] Weaaponry.

Also that explosion with Tactical Readiness needs to go in a big way.
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-07-2012, 06:51 AM
The weapons seem fine to me. I ran a few Elite ground STFs last night and they seemed to be working as normal. The Mk XII Sniper rifle I use alongside the Omega rifle was a little more potent but I only use the Mk XI sets so I'd expect a little extra damage from it.
TBH I didn't expect the weapons themselves to be more powerful, the set bonuses are what I was interested in and they're worth the slight loss compared to Mk XII non set gear IMO.

That explosion is annoying though, annoying when there's a couple of people with DoTs on them; the damn things just keep on going.