Lt. Commander
# 241
01-25-2012, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Which is very, very likely and would stink for those looking forward to, say, Android or Photonic captains, the fate of which is still somewhere off in limbo, and obviously won't be available for this event, and thus won't be getting their free ships.
Are we sure it won't be available later, for currency? Are these four days the only time to get it free, in any form, before it hits the C Store? Because even thought that technically fulfills the "free" promise, it's kind of a cheap way of going about it.
Lt. Commander
# 242
01-25-2012, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Are we sure it won't be available later, for currency? Are these four days the only time to get it free, in any form, before it hits the C Store? Because even thought that technically fulfills the "free" promise, it's kind of a cheap way of going about it.
I would imagine the Odyssey mission will come up at various times throughout the year - much like the Q events and FE Replays. They don't waste effort on making missions only to use them once.
Lt. Commander
# 243
01-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I would imagine the Odyssey mission will come up at various times throughout the year - much like the Q events and FE Replays. They don't waste effort on making missions only to use them once.
True... and they could also use it for other ships, if it's generic enough. "Take the Odyssey/Whatever Class out for a spin, and get a free one!"

Although I'm not sure how I feel about a ship class only being available at certain times. Seems odd. BOs are one thing, but a ship...?
Lt. Commander
# 244
01-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus01 View Post
I glad to see the Odyssey class finally getting here. I am kind curious on what the difference will be for the C-Store version.
I would guess tac console instead of sci console, a few variants, and a special power
Lt. Commander
# 245
01-25-2012, 07:33 PM
Looking forward to the anniversary events! Loved the first year anniversary, lots of fun with friends!
Lt. Commander
# 246
01-26-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSpock View Post
Anybody have names picked out for their Odyssey yet?
U.S.S. DeForrest Kelley, N.C.C. 200120 (20/01/20 = DeForrest Kelley's Date of Birth)
U.S.S. Roddenberry, N.C.C. 190821 (19/08/21 = Gene Roddenberry's Date of Birth)
U.S.S. Victorious (After the H.M.S. Victorious that my Grandfather served on)

I.K.S. Kahless (I name all my klingon battlecruisers "Kahless"