Lt. Commander
# 1 STF - Lever penatly
01-24-2012, 01:09 PM
This needs to be looked at please...

If people leave the team so I'm left with half a team and I leave I still get the lever penalty... This needs to be looked at for goodness sake!

Edit: Why does it say leaver on the thread list yet lever inside the thread?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-24-2012, 01:13 PM
There is not 'supposed' to be a penalty if only 3 people are left. I've been the third person to leave before and did not get a 1 hr penalty.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-24-2012, 01:15 PM
That's annoying. I feel that on normal STFs the first 2 people to leave should get the leaver penalty because those can be completed with only 4 people. If it an elite STF than only the 1st person to leave should get the penalty. While elite is possible to do with 4 people, it is too difficult.

I also believe that if a STF has lasted 45 minutes no one should get a leaver penalty because at that point it is understandable.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-24-2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
I feel that on normal STFs the first 2 people to leave should get the leaver penalty because those can be completed with only 4 people. If it an elite STF than only the 1st person to leave should get the penalty
That's what's supposed to happen. The only leaver penalty I've ever received was from the bugged Cure space map, every time someone's left a ground PuG I've never received a penalty.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Or getting a leaver penalty when the mission is completed and the "leave map" button fails to appear.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-24-2012, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BClark_09
Or getting a leaver penalty when the mission is completed and the "leave map" button fails to appear.
If this ever happens to you simply wait in the map for the button to appear. It may take a few minutes, but it's better than leaving and having to wait an additional hour to play your next STF. I've never had the button not appear after a few minutes of waiting.

I do feel sorry for the random people who get put into our map while we wait around, even though it's already finished. Since they have nothing to do and are eventually forced out, thus getting a 1hr CD on a map they didn't play.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-24-2012, 01:44 PM
I think I remember a Cryptic employee writing that if someone leaves, all new players are redirected there but if the team is three or less for more than five minutes there is no penalty.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militis View Post
That's what's supposed to happen. The only leaver penalty I've ever received was from the bugged Cure space map, every time someone's left a ground PuG I've never received a penalty.
I have no problem with the leaver penalty. I just agree with the OP that if the team is down to 3 people, or even just 1 person, they shouldn't be given the penalty because they can't complete the mission without a full team.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-24-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
I have no problem with the leaver penalty. I just agree with the OP that if the team is down to 3 people, or even just 1 person, they shouldn't be given the penalty because they can't complete the mission without a full team.
They are not. I believe it was stated that if you were three people or less and five minutes had elapsed without anyone new coming you could leave without a penalty.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-25-2012, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
They are not. I believe it was stated that if you were three people or less and five minutes had elapsed without anyone new coming you could leave without a penalty.
That's good to know.