Lt. Commander
# 1 Possible new power(s)?
01-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Based on what I just heard off of Gozers interview with Podcast UGC, what about a ship power/ BOFF power/ possible 1st officer or tactical department head power (from what was said off the podcast), thats based on fire at will AND the emmision seeking torpedo like in ST Nemesis in the ending epic battle:
'Mr Worf, Prepare a full phaser spread, 0 elevation all banks on my mark. Scan for shield inpacts, standby photon torpedoes.'
And it has like a 10-20% chance to hit the clocked vessel and then it has a further 10-20% chance to hit the vessel with 2, 3 torpedo, spreads.
Depending whether Cryptic are still doing +1 ships could be a consol for a Soverign varient???

Just an idea.

OR

How about one where they perform the Picard manover with that micro warp just for a split second like in the Season 1 episode of TNG, can't remember the name off the top of my head, as something similar was done in the Briar patch where if you shoot at a Metreon cloud it exploded and damaged everyone within a what 5K radius? So could that be addapted? Possibly for a Stargazer +1 Varient?

Just another idea.
Critisize all you like.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Your first option is something along the lines I would want to see.

Depertment heads, in my view, rather than having 'new' powers could be allowed a single click option for combining two powers. This would give considerable diversity of choice to the player and permit mre more coherent planning.

I would especially like to see this if they had an inherint booster skill that works like tactical fleet or whatever and you link an existing skill that this toon has to it for a one-use ehnanced version.

With six dept. heads this might be a bit powerful so may be better deployed only on the First Officer.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-24-2012, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Restless.Kaiser
Depertment heads, in my view, rather than having 'new' powers could be allowed a single click option for combining two powers. This would give considerable diversity of choice to the player and permit mre more coherent planning.

[color="black"][list][*]For starters that i woul agree with but just the dev time that would he needed for all the possibke condos would be too much escpecially with whats oj their raidar.

With six dept. heads this might be a bit powerful so may be better deployed only on the First Officer.
I see wgere your going with this and it kight be a nice addition to game, because a) interact more with frew and b) It ehould almost work with existing mechanics so its definately doable. This way just depends on how they are having the 1st officer position ( not in the DOFF system)