Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
the past several days, I've clicked on the red alert button, and when I get there - there is red text, as if the mission is failed or is already over. There are also no borg vessels.

If the red alert is over, why is the button showing up?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Like with any grind, they boring and old real fast! Just wait, the Defera Invasion will be next. You might as well toss Fleet Actions in also. Rewards that don't scale past Mk X sure doesn't give any incentive to run them. A few more months down the road, it'll be the butchered STF's, all but he unlucky people or those that don't have 10 hours a day to run them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-24-2012, 03:30 PM
Don't know about Bog alerts, (sorry, had to do it..) but I agree with the Borg alerts being FUBARed up. Kinda annoying to be trying to go after the event accolades, when you warp in, and find a group already had failed the event, and that there are no alternate maps to warp into. it's bad enough already, that you aren't automatically put into a team for these events, given this is all essentially a mini-STF and all.

It's almost like the STF Cure space end mission bug that doesn't allow you to leave the map, and then others warp in and get stuck with the one hour timer, because of this rather insulting bug.

I'm truly sorry, but then again, no I'm not. These Borg bugs need to be fixed. Now.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-24-2012, 04:18 PM
I believe it's just an issue that comes up sometimes in sector blocks with lots of people trying to join them. After one ends, the area shuts itself down after a few seconds once the last person leaves. The problem is that when there's lots of people trying to go in, there's someone else joining before the area can shutdown and then generate a new one.

If you try one in a less populated sector (ie: not Sirius, I've seen it happen only once in Regulus), it will probably be fine.

And yes, like everything else, they can get boring if you do them a lot. I'm still enjoying them, but I only do 1 or 2 a day, sometimes none.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-25-2012, 12:59 AM
Kinda counter productive when there's an accolade attached to the Sirius sector event. The event should keep making new instances for five groups until the event timer expires, rather than what seems to be only 'one' instance altogether, with everyone and their tribble trying to get into the 'same' instance at once.

If there's supposed to be more than one instance created, something is obviously bugged here.
Lt. Commander
Not sure if my timing is bad or if this is a bug or...? Everytime I click the "Red Alert" when it pops up in sector space (and lately, I click RIGHT when it pops up) I warp in and everything is over!! I haven't been able to participate in a borg mission in quite a few days..

This is also happening for a LC10 mission "Deep Space Encounter (Elimnate all klingons is all the description says). When I warp into a Klingon encounter (eye of sauron looking things in sector space) I always get the "Good work captain" dialogue immediately when I warp in.

Is this a bug or am I just having an issue of really bad timing....every...time...
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-25-2012, 03:34 PM
I would also like to mention that the borg missions are always "failed" when I warp in. Right away as soon a it loads.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-25-2012, 03:56 PM
I hope they can change the coding on this because it is frustrating
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-25-2012, 08:47 PM
Simplified version of what I think is going on:

The event has already expired, however, there is a constant stream of players entering the instance, never giving it a chance to close and thus causing a huge pain in the butt to whoever enters them by chance.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-25-2012, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squiddude
Simplified version of what I think is going on:

The event has already expired, however, there is a constant stream of players entering the instance, never giving it a chance to close and thus causing a huge pain in the butt to whoever enters them by chance.
Yeah. I suspect you're right.