Lt. Commander
# 1 What a (bug ridden) return
01-28-2012, 06:05 PM
Ok so after a year away from STO I thought I'd come back and give it another try since it went FTP.

First I get to respec everything. Ok, that's fine. Except every time I press the (highlighted) accept button nothing happens for 2 seconds, then everything resets again. And again. And again.

My ship won't move, even on full impulse power. I can see all the other NPC ships cruising around spacedock, sure wish my engines worked too.

I don't appear to have any weapons, armor, kits or other equipped items on my character or any crew members. My inventory is still there, just all that other stuff is gone. My ship still seems to be fully equipped so I'm really not sure what's going on there.

Yes I force verified all the files on my installation. Multiple times. I also tried submitting an in game ticket to a GM, only to get a server time out dialogue box when I pressed submit. Didn't kick me from the game but there wasn't much point staying logged in for much longer.

Is there some drastic server issue causing all this? Was my character data simply corrupted? Should I keep trying to get this to work again or give up?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2012, 10:53 PM
So it appears reinstalling doesn't work. Nor does digging out my original retail DVD, installing that and downloading four gig worth of patches.

Also all my character and crew attributes appear to be... zero. Hooray. Attempting to create a new character works perfectly, I see all my old c-store unlocks appear as they should. Of course when I attempt to 'accept' the new character the game simply crashes.

Anyway I don't expect any of the other community members to be able to help me on this but I was wondering if anyone had experienced something similar and determined what was the cause?

For the record my ticket is [Incident: 120128-000432].
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2012, 11:55 AM
If you could please send us DxDiag and HijackThis logs to PWE Tech Support, that will help us to diagnose the problem. It'll be helpful to us if you tell us some of your computer's information, and PLEASE include any screenshots of any bugs or errors that you get.

To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Windows 7 or Vista), then type in dxdiag and press Enter on your keyboard.

Click on Save All Information, then attach the text file to this ticket (If on a 64bit system, look for and click on the Save 64bit Dxdiag button beside the Save All Information button).

To create the HijackThis log, go to http://www.download.com/Trend-Micro-...-10227353.html or http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en...ols/hijackthis then download and install the program.

Click Do a system scan and save a log file, then attach the text file to your reply.

Please do not copy and then paste the text of these logs into your ticket.

We'll take look at these log files and give you feedback on your issue.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2012, 02:11 PM
I've already attached about five screenshots and a dxdiag.txt to my ticket submission but I'll try a HijackThis log when I get home from work.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2012, 02:30 PM
If you did it through the Cryptic support system, you may have a longer wait.

If you send it through the PWE support system, technical issues should be handled same day or next business day (give or take).
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2012, 02:41 PM
I have the same problem with the skills with one of my characters
Submitted a ticket 8 days ago but it but noone replied yet
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Just checked because I wasn't sure - I did submit it via the PWE support system.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthpanda16 View Post
If you did it through the Cryptic support system, you may have a longer wait.

If you send it through the PWE support system, technical issues should be handled same day or next business day (give or take).
the fact that this has been said is sad, they should be on the same support, not different ones, it shouldn't take longer because I have a cryptic only account. I'm glad I've not encountered this issue as this revelation would put me over the top and I would uninstall the game.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2012, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
the fact that this has been said is sad, they should be on the same support, not different ones, it shouldn't take longer because I have a cryptic only account. I'm glad I've not encountered this issue as this revelation would put me over the top and I would uninstall the game.
Not if it gets sent to Cryptic support, then sent over to PWE support due to the transfer of support workloads...which sounds like the likely reason for the longer response time.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2012, 07:50 PM
I've uploaded a HijackThis log file to my support ticket. I should mention that none of my other MMO games or online programs have any troubles and that I never had issues running STO back when I paid for an active subscription. If anything 'old' STO was probably the smoothest online game I've ever played. Though that was a year ago.

Just to go a bit further I also downloaded Cryptic's nettest.exe tool to check if any essential ports were blocked. Everything seemed to check out fine.

Edited for spelling.