Lt. Commander
# 1 Nebula Torpedo Hardpoints
01-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Torpedoes on the nebula class ships are really fireing from the wrong point, they should be coming from the mission pod. Case and point if you take a look at Star Trek The Next Generation "Redemption, part II" you'll notice the USS Sutherland (a nebula class as depicted in the game) firing torpedos from said mission pod.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2012, 03:28 PM
In First Contact, the Nebula can be seen firing torps from just above the deflector; so the ship itself has fully integrated launchers of its own.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-19-2012, 03:30 PM
that one as i recall actually had a different mission pod then the in game nebula has. Reference the episode I listed. USS Sutherland is identicle to the one in game. thats all i'm sayin
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumblestrip View Post
that one as i recall actually had a different mission pod then the in game nebula has. Reference the episode I listed. USS Sutherland is identicle to the one in game. thats all i'm sayin
Except it has exactly the same mission pod:

USS Sutherland

Nebula-class; First Contact 1 & Nebula-class; First Contact 2
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
Except it has exactly the same mission pod:

USS Sutherland

Nebula-class; First Contact 1 & Nebula-class; First Contact 2
I believe he's referencing the USS Phoenix. It was the first of the Nebula's seen in STNG " The Wounded".
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:USS_Phoenix.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-23-2012, 01:25 PM
I don't know if it makes a whole lot of sense for a mission pod that can be removed, or contain things like sensors and such, to be firing torpedos. You'd want the ship to be able to fire torps at any time, not just when it has a "weapons pod" equipped. Although I'm all for adding pods to the actual gameplay of a Nebula - give it a special power that changes the look depending on how you use it, or something...
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-25-2012, 10:18 AM
The problem is that the Nebula seems to have one launcher built into the hull and at least one additional one (we don't know what else is in that pod).
Since Cryptic has to take into a ccount that people might decide to use the trapezoid pod...or not the probably just put the launcher hardpoint into a place that can't be accidentally removed by the player.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-25-2012, 11:22 AM
Okay, the nebula is one of my favorite trek ships BECAUSE of that interchangeable pod. Let me explain. The pod you see on the U.S.S. Sutherland and the first contact nebula is actually both a weapons and sensor pod. That particular pod does carry additional torpedoes, 12 tubes( 8 fore, 4 aft) in total, as well as, presumably, a targeting system capable of guiding all of those additional torps. While it IS true that the nebula does have 4 tubes built in to the ship it's also very rare to see it without that particular mission pod, thus, usually keeping its canon torpedo tube count to 16. It was a torpedo boat, people

If you want my opinion, the torpedoes should fire from the pod. it just looks cooler.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-25-2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alextrous
Okay, the nebula is one of my favorite trek ships BECAUSE of that interchangeable pod. Let me explain. The pod you see on the U.S.S. Sutherland and the first contact nebula is actually both a weapons and sensor pod. That particular pod does carry additional torpedoes, 12 tubes( 8 fore, 4 aft) in total, as well as, presumably, a targeting system capable of guiding all of those additional torps. While it IS true that the nebula does have 4 tubes built in to the ship it's also very rare to see it without that particular mission pod, thus, usually keeping its canon torpedo tube count to 16. It was a torpedo boat, people

If you want my opinion, the torpedoes should fire from the pod. it just looks cooler.
When the pod on the Phoenix was a sensor pod (which was stated in the episode) where was it stated that the pod had both functions?

And since you threw in the term "canon":

Could you please point to the canon source that states the actual number of tubes on this ship and the pod?
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-26-2012, 02:44 AM
the pheonix pod isn't in game, therefore the pheonix pod is a mute point. And I referenced the Sutherland, and ment to do so.