Lt. Commander
# 1 PWE and CRYPTIC store inquiry.
01-24-2012, 03:59 PM
so im happy to see that perfect world entertainment gladly took cryptic in but now im a bit confused on the whole buying points thing. the main reason is the ability to link your accounts from both companies, does that mean i would be able to buy a PWE cash card and use those points for star trek online or not?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-24-2012, 04:02 PM
If you link your accounts, you can use your PWE account to buy zen and exchange it to C-points.

From what I've read on the forum, it has the drawback that if you link your accounts you lose the ability to directly buy C-points and have to buy and exchange zen, adding an extra step in the process.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
If you link your accounts, you can use your PWE account to buy zen and exchange it to C-points.

From what I've read on the forum, it has the drawback that if you link your accounts you lose the ability to directly buy C-points and have to buy and exchange zen, adding an extra step in the process.
So are my purchases of C-points going right to PWE then, or is Cryptic getting the full share of that purchase. Also, if I purchase Zen and then turn it into C-points, does that money go to Cryptic in full?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-24-2012, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc_foxtrot View Post
So are my purchases of C-points going right to PWE then, or is Cryptic getting the full share of that purchase. Also, if I purchase Zen and then turn it into C-points, does that money go to Cryptic in full?
Everything goes to PWE. They are the company that owns the game now. Cryptic are a wholly owned subsidiary and as such are just a department working for PWE.