Lt. Commander
I see bandwidth and/or system resources are being used to download or run the game via Pando, I get weird error messages after download, what is going on?

This advice is helpful if you used our direct downloader that is using the Pando Media Booster.

Many games use Pando Media Booster to download and install themselves. It is peer to peer software that shares the game with other players.

If you do not want to be sharing the game files with other people from your computer, you can disable it in Windows Task Manager by ending the Task (PMB.exe is the process), or fully uninstall the program from Windows Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs after you have fully installed the game.

If you have some problems downloading with Pando, here are some things that can help:

1) Add PMB.exe to the exceptions list in your antivirus or firewall software.

2) You can use the built in test connection feature, on its Control panel click on Advanced Connection Settings > Test my Connection

3) You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

4) If you are using any type of Download Helper/Accelerator type of programs (and/or torrent programs), you may have to shut those down while trying to download with Pando. You might also need to shut down Bitlocker and similar programs.

5) Once installation has completed, you might need to temporarily End Task in Windows Task Manager, Pando's PMB.exe program. You would do this is you get weird errors, some of which can be "Error Code 5", or "File in use"

For additional help with Pando Media Booster itself, please see these resources:

http://pandonetworks.com/pando-media...er-support-faq
http://www.pandonetworks.com/games/help

If you need further help, please contact technical support:

http://support.perfectworld.com/
Lt. Commander
# 2 download
01-26-2012, 05:49 AM
is there a place to download the game where i can save it and transfer to another computer without having to redownload it? i am on a fixed amount that i can download every month so i was gonna download it at a friends house and then save it to disk to transfer to my computer..is that possible?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-26-2012, 02:57 PM
You're going to need a flash drive large enough to handle the installer package, or a DVD-R.

On topic: I'd like to add that if you're connecting from a school/university network, Pando may be unable to connect due to the fact that many universities block access to P2P programs, including Pando Media Booster.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-16-2012, 07:24 PM
i had huge lag issues with pandomedia booster afterwards since it did work after on its own using my full bandwith
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Or you can remove that very useless program by going to Control Panel > Programs and Features, locate Pando, Uninstall.

For Windows XP Control Panel > Add Remove Programs, Double Click it in the list and it should give an uninstallation option.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-02-2012, 12:25 AM
why would you use pando media booster anyway ? sounds like spyware/greyware to me
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-02-2012, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthpanda16 View Post
[b][color="orange"]
At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.
This really is bad advice to be giving people, its not up to people to disable anything YOUR program should be compatible. There were no issues downloading the client files from cryptic in the past so why (as i mention in my post above) do we need this spyware media booster ?
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-02-2012, 06:05 AM
Ensign
i have done all u have listed and it still will not let me get to the updater page to update the game so what now? i am a life time member and would love to play the game i have sumitted 4 tickets and all i get is autorepsonse answers.
Captain
# 10
07-23-2012, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrblade View Post
i have done all u have listed and it still will not let me get to the updater page to update the game so what now? i am a life time member and would love to play the game i have sumitted 4 tickets and all i get is autorepsonse answers.
Please start a new thread, include the information from the tests in this sticky:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=225155

and give specifics as to what us happening. Please remember that only you can see what's happening. Walk us through what's occurring.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Closed Thread